What's new

Question: Allow Kids to Have a Cigar

dre

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say go for it. you know those lil kids are out gettin drunk as hell every weekend anyway. I think at their age they have probably smoked a cig weather they admit it to you or not. I think you gettin in there and educating them that a cigar is a experiance not a high would be great for them. Just make it something lighter cause you dont want to scare them off (or maybe you do) I would sugest a smaller cigar like a short story. Whatever you do im sure it will be a good decision as you know your family better than any of us. let us know bud.

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
I would definately educate them, but explain the laws and though "breaking" them is not a cause for being sent to the slammer, in this case, laws are there for a reason (for the most part) which casues a structured society to operate without falling into disorder and chaos, and that respecting the laws is what is important.

It is being true to yourself, only you know everything you have done... it used to be your word was everything and so many people seem to have forgotten it... get them some material on cigars, cigar making etc. let them read it... with the understanding that they must wait until they are 18 and then you will be more than happy to "introduce" them to this fantastic, hobby/lifestyle/addiction!!!

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
it's gonna happen sooner or later.

get them started right, and educate them on why you feel a cigar is a better alternative to a cigarette
I started smoking cigars when I was 19 and did not have any guidance or info. So I started w/Dutch Masters, and other machine made cigars which almost turned me off. I say educate them on the good and bad and let them decide on how to go. My son is only 10 months old but I will start looking for a few good cigars to age in a few years to share with him one day. However I would always be mindful of the wife since she can make everyones life worse.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say go for it. you know those lil kids are out gettin drunk as hell every weekend anyway. .
Seriously, they have probably already smoked the Wacky Tobaccy with their friends by this age...

I've got kids that are now 20 and 17. We shared our first cigars together on the golf course when they were 12 and 15. We have enjoyed cigars together on special occasions ever since. It is a chance for some male bonding and they have not turned into cigar smoking drug fiends, both are outstanding students.

I would rather have my sons smoke fine cigars with me in a cordial atmosphere than to have them sneaking off smoking god knows what with their friends.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
What is with the 18 bit??

Does that mean your kids really won't drink until they are 21???

I had my first cigar around 15 or so. I did not start smoking then regularly until around 20 or so.

I think it will be respected more by your kids if you teach them to respect it and not hold it from them

matalo

Man, Myth, Legend?
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hmmm....Interesting point.

I think I might let them indulge when I get back home next week.

I have been away from them for a month and I think this might be a good way to bond.