What's new

Question for the Shave experts!

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I have the same Parker. Love it for the long handle.
same reason I got it, loved the longer handle, the blades im not sure on but they said they where good

Looks like a good start brother. Pick out a brush and mug yet?
Thanks Brother, Don't have a brush or mug yet
Whats your brush budget? Unless you have $50 or more to spend on a brush I would avoid badger. Instead pick up a really nice Omega Boar brush. You can get a great brush for $9 - $20.
One other thing, while i love the Dove products I would pick up different cream instead of that gel. The other items are solid though
Thanks Brothers Not sure about the brushes haven't looked into that stuff yet but the budget is whatever I spend LoL,

As for the dove it was actually a kit for $29 at my local B&M, and I seen it had a face wash and the post Shave balm in it so I figured what the heck,

Haven't looked into the creams, brush's, mugs yet

And I couldn't find the jojoba? pre shave oil
If you have a Bath and Body Works near you the C.O. Bigelow Premium Shave Cream is a great deal! They are usually buy two get one free and it's made by, and essentially the same formula, Proraso

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I went with a boar brush as I heard that they are stiffer brushes and are good for thick facial hair.
The winter hair badger brushes are stiffer than the Summer hair but also more expensive. I think you made a good choice with that.
I did loads of reading to be sure I have a thick beard so I knew to be careful