What's new

Question for you regular burners

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
How long can you go without a cigar? I'm smoking between 5 and 6 cigars a week. When I skip a couple of days my body goes into withdrawl just like when my wife starts brewing decaf.

I can either fight through it or start smoking more cigars. Any suggestions?

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Interesting, I don't really get those "withdrawal" feelings you are experiencing. But I smoke on average I would say 5 cigars a week (1 a day) but there are times where I will go weeks without a stogie and don't really crave it, more that I want to carve some time to sit and relax is what I crave. Were you a cigarette smoker by chance?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best way for me to not want another cigar, is go to a herf and have 3 cigars in a night. Or when I go on the Drew Estate Cigar Safari and have 10 cigars a day for 4 - 6 days.

I smoke 3 - 5 a week when the weather is nice. A couple during the weekend and then I might do a two-fer on Saturday or Sunday.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Haven't smoked cigarettes in years. I'm restarting a strict diet and that may have something to do with it. Last cigars I smoked Friday night and sat afternoon where real nic bombs. My hands where shaking while on chat Friday pm

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Maybe just cut back to a couple a week and see how that treats you. I generally do like one during the week proper and another one or two between Fri and sun and have never had that issue

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
"cigars I smoked Friday night and sat afternoon were real nic bombs. My hands where shaking while on chat Friday pm"

the answer............;)

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks for the advice guys. I'll probably cut back a bit and see what happens.

Velorok. Do you ever take 3 day breaks?

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I smoke cigars.
I smoke anywhere between zero and seven cigars on any given day.
I've taken a month off with no issues.
I do not do that any more but often go a few days to a week without smoking and no side effects.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I like to have a cigar every day, but usually once or twice a week I don't have time (or desire) to smoke. I've never noticed any craving when I stopped for a few days or more. Until recently, when I started smoking almost exclusively fresh NCs and not missing any days for a couple weeks I noticed more disappointment when I didn't have time for a smoke and I had the thought, "That seemed like a craving", and the next day being irritable. (But there are a couple extra middle+ aged women in the house at the moment). So, I'm sure its possible and something I'd like to avoid - so I had a 20 year old Party Lusi to detox yesterday.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Well from what you guys are saying I better check to see if the wife switched to decaf and didn't tell me. I may start adding some milder sticks into the mix also.

Wow. SofC 7 cigars in a day I'd be climbing walls.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I can go a week at a time no problem, which I figure is enough evidence that I'm not hooked. I've wondered a few times if nicotine withdrawal was the explanation for a bad mood, but then I remembered a)I often go periods without a cigar without a bad mood, and b)I have five little kids and I often don't get a good night of sleep, so I don't think they're related.

I get cravings, but they're the same kind of cravings I get for eating teriyaki chicken or watching superhero movies.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I smoke usually 1 a week with maybe 2 or 3 a week sometimes in the summer. A few weeks ago, I think I went almost two months without one. There wasn't any rhyme or reason for doing so.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I smoke about 2 a day but can still go a few days without smoking one and not really think about it. There have been 12 days this year that I did not smoke.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I usually have a smaller cigar on the way to work and bigger one on the way home. On my days off, I often don't have time to indulge in a cigar as family has other plans for my down time. :)