What's new

Question for you regular burners

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Haven't smoked cigarettes in years. I'm restarting a strict diet and that may have something to do with it. Last cigars I smoked Friday night and sat afternoon where real nic bombs. My hands where shaking while on chat Friday pm
I think there's your answer. I also think cigarette smoking even if you were a long time ago plays a role. I know friends that haven't smoked a cigarette in 10+ years that still get cravings, it's that powerful. The cigars may just be enough to ping that sense.

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I typically smoke 1 cigar/day. Sometimes 2-3 if on vacation or with friends, but this is very rare. There are times where I'd really like to have a cigar but mostly for the relaxation aspect. I don't drink very much, or do drugs, so cigars are my one vice. It's my time at the end of the day where I can sit down and not worry about/do shit for 1-2hours.

When I don't get to have a cigar I think the only potential itch I get is for the 1-2 hours of pure me time.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
If you ever get the shakes like that - eat a spoonful of sugar - seriously it works
I know a few guys that like to have a soda with their smoke - same purpose
I never really "crave" a smoke - its more about desiring what surrounds it, the relaxation - reading a book, good conversation if I am with friends, enjoying the taste. In winter, I stick to my pipes driving to work. Warmer months, I usually have 3-5 cigars a week.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
How long can you go without a cigar? I'm smoking between 5 and 6 cigars a week. When I skip a couple of days my body goes into withdrawl just like when my wife starts brewing decaf.

I can either fight through it or start smoking more cigars. Any suggestions?
Probably not the response youre looking for but I dont get withdrawals like I used to get with dip/chew/cigs. When I skip a day Ill really want that after dinner cigar or really wanna go watch golf at the shop and hang out but that is more ritual than withdrawal.