What's new

Ramón Bueso Genesis the Project Robusto with a small attempt at humor

Rating - 100%
3   0   0

My first review EVER I'm not too good at this, please forgive the crappy phone pics.

Ramón Bueso Genesis the Project Robusto

Good construction, no soft spots more firm towards the cap. Wrapper has a nice sheen, not too oily.

Cut clean with very little debris. For me the draw is perfect. Lighting it was quick and easy.

Right off the bat I got licorice and good pepper kick. Lots of smoke for a Robusto, pretty impressed by that.

Midway thru it mellows out but still a nice mild spice to it and licorice still. Took the ash about an inch and a half before falling off.

The burn has been even the entire time.

Let it sit while I refilled my coffee and when I got up I noticed the nic buzz. Still chugging out lots of smoke. Ash falls off again.

Last of it still producing tons of smoke, less spice leaning towards a wood taste and the burn is still even. Did not need a relight. Getting a good buzz now.

This one is a keeper. I can't wait to see what some rest does to it.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Thanks for the creative review!
I was lucky enough to get a pre-release in a bomb...Think it was a CG.
Just loved it...Need to get more! :)

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
My pre-release was a toro and after 1-2 months rest it got way better. I bought the robustos and have not had one yet. I am hoping the pre-release were made at the same time as these sticks that are currently on the market, I guess I will have to sample a stick from this new box soon. Thanks for the review.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
thanks for the review! i don't buy a lot off the net, so a review like this really helps; i would rather hear from someone i know than read PR.

oh, and the format worked, BTW. have fun with it! o)

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I have yet to read anyone post a negative review of these. The robo I reviewed was pretty good too.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just got a 5'er of project Genesis.

Because someone said these were the poor man Liga. - I thought Undercrown were the poor mans Liga. Anyway.
Check the pics...

Compared to a. T52

I'm sorry guys.. While the stick doesn't taste bad.Athough there is a weird like Iodine after taste..???..

There is zero smoke output while it rest...my LP and UC'S smoke like trains.

The wrapper is not even close..

Construction.. Few soft spots..

Someone said at Cigarfest 2012. People were wearing stickers

Who is Ramon Bueso ?

I'll tell you..

He's a wanna be... That can't hold a candle.

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I think these are better than any liga out there. Probably the oiliest wrapper I have ever encountered. Awesome stick.

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Just got a 5'er of project Genesis.

Because someone said these were the poor man Liga. - I thought Undercrown were the poor mans Liga. Anyway.
Check the pics...

Compared to a. T52

I'm sorry guys.. While the stick doesn't taste bad.Athough there is a weird like Iodine after taste..???..

There is zero smoke output while it rest...my LP and UC'S smoke like trains.

The wrapper is not even close..

Construction.. Few soft spots..

Someone said at Cigarfest 2012. People were wearing stickers

Who is Ramon Bueso ?

I'll tell you..

He's a wanna be... That can't hold a candle.
what were u smoking? respectfully u are crazy. these are fantastic!

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
I think the comparison to any Drew Estate product is a compliment in itself.
I still personally feel that the OG T52 has the best wrapper I have ever seen, period.
The 3 or so Ramon Bueso's that I have smoked have an equally oily wrapper, and a very nice profile. Burning qualities were good as well.
...As many have said, the price is outstanding for such quality.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
When I first smoked these (picked up 2 samples at CigarFest 2012), I thought it was an unbelievable smoke through two-thirds, but was incredibly bored by a disappointing finish in the final third. While I still think the final third is weak, these have even gotten better with time.

With that said, someone who I typically trust suggested I get in on initial release as Plasencia blends tend to not be as good in subsequent productions - truth to this?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I picked up the six robusto sampler-- the kind that comes with the nifty box that is an ashtray with the slide drawer? Loved the cigars-- and then I put just that box on eBay and got back all but $2 of the original price I paid. Insane. So talk about "bang for the buck..." It doesn't get much better.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I picked up the six robusto sampler-- the kind that comes with the nifty box that is an ashtray with the slide drawer? Loved the cigars-- and then I put just that box on eBay and got back all but $2 of the original price I paid. Insane. So talk about "bang for the buck..." It doesn't get much better.
Honestly, I'm considering picking up the sampler more for the box than the cigars lol