What's new

Random Ass. Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh Smith

Opus junkie
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I left all Social Media outlets (minus BOTL, obviously) because I kept angering people with stupid things I'd say that I thought were funny. For example, my friend once posted about how he had a particularly rough morning with getting his pre-teen sons up and ready for school. I commented with "Hang in there brother. Just remember, kids are like fine wine, they get better with age. ...and they are best kept in the basement." and holy crap did I receive some backlash for it! People I had never met or spoken to saw that comment and started telling me how rude and insensitive I am for making fun of a very real and sad situation that happens all over America.

...I thought it was funny. :cautious:
I think it's funny too. Lol. My lord people need a sense of humor. I had the same issues after getting attacked for being funny and more than one profile being deleted / suspended I just said hell with social media. Botl. Is it.

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I think it's funny too. Lol. My lord people need a sense of humor. I had the same issues after getting attacked for being funny and more than one profile being deleted / suspended I just said hell with social media. Botl. Is it.
I agree with everything you just said. Every. Single. Word.

Another one that got people's panties in a wad was when I remarked that "Just knowing OF God and not getting to know God is like admiring a craft beer's branding and label but not ever opening the bottle to enjoy its intended deliciousness."

Oh man... you can imagine how that went down! hahaha

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Once again, banned for 24hrs for this bullshit. Close your eye @Glassman

Seriously thinking of deleting FB
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! Makes me laugh so hard... wait, that didn't come out right... neither did that... :(

Deleting FB is the most freeing thing you can do!

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0

Another one that got people's panties in a wad was when I remarked that "Just knowing OF God and not getting to know God is like admiring a craft beer's branding and label but not ever opening the bottle to enjoy its intended deliciousness."

Bwahahahahaha! That's perfect. I can imagine exactly how that went down.....

Oh, that reminds me... The question was going to be: " have you repented for skipping church to go watch star wars"....

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Once again, banned for 24hrs for this bullshit

Close your eyes @Glassman

Seriously thinking of deleting FB maybe starting a new one.
Fucker! Seriously dude, no one wants to see that! How bout try not posting that?
No one wants to see a cartoon gay stripper doing that. Not guys, not girls, I'm pretty sureeven gay guys don't want to see that.... @bwhite220?

Find a birthday picture with boobs that isn't gross, and everyone will be happy. Everyone likes boobs.

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Once again, banned for 24hrs for this bullshit

Close your eyes @Glassman

Seriously thinking of deleting FB maybe starting a new one.
Oddly enough, Heather has been off FB since the New Year and she hasn't missed it. She just uses IG and Snapchat (yes I know) for random funnies and messaging. But there's little to no political BS for her anymore. I'm about there myself, but I have never gotten suspended or banned. I can't help it if people love me.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Lots of things have changed over the years. While we may not of had all of the convieniences of today, we had everything we needed. We had an abundance of healthy naturally grown food that hadn't been genetically altered foods of today.
We could get a college education without starting our futures being burdened with thousands of $$$ in debt. When I began college I took 15 hours and the cost including my books was $132. I paid for it myself working part time bagging groceries.
Health care may not have been as advanced, but we got by. And health care cost didn't ruin and require all of their life savings to get treatment. Cancer wasn't nearly as rampant amoung the population as it is today. Mental issues that run rampant in many of today's youth rarely occurred.
Menial type jobs paid less than today, but the first house I bought cost me $2000, which I bought at the age of 19, again while being employed part time. My parents 3br home was $7,000 and monthly payment was around $50 a month.
I will stop there, but life was much more simple back then. And America was a very proud nation.
If I had a choice, which would I prefer? I would take the Old Days in a heartbeat, even if it was uphill to and from school.

Josh Smith

Opus junkie
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

I'm using that one day. That's so true. I got a bunch of people upset because I told them that God didn't want people to sit in the middle of the road and pray not get hit. God wanted people that use the damb legs he gave them to get up themselves instead of expecting everything done for them.

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I'm using that one day. That's so true. I got a bunch of people upset because I told them that God didn't want people to sit in the middle of the road and pray not get hit. God wanted people that use the damb legs he gave them to get up themselves instead of expecting everything done for them.
Tell folks they can (and should) think for, or do for themselves, and they lose their damn minds!

Status
Not open for further replies.