What's new

Random Ass. Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coincrazed

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum."
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Random but I get so annoyed when people inaccurately review sticks. Like yeah I know palates are different and all but when people are saying a JDN Antaño tastes like thin mints and raisin toast I get kinda hyped up....... Had a big argument with someone on Instagram over this. Thin mints? Maple? Fire Cured? Chocolate cake?? In a JDN Antaño? I don't think so.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Random but I get so annoyed when people inaccurately review sticks. Like yeah I know palates are different and all but when people are saying a JDN Antaño tastes like thin mints and raisin toast I get kinda hyped up....... Had a big argument with someone on Instagram over this. Thin mints? Maple? Fire Cured? Chocolate cake?? In a JDN Antaño? I don't think so.
Understandable, but Everyone has different palates. We can taste completely different things from a stick. What is spicy to someone else may not be to me, and vice versa. Always good to find reviewers that have similar palates to yourself. Also what we're pairing it with, or what we've recently ate or drank can affect what tastes we perceive.
But yeah, some of the stuff people come up with.... :eek:

Coincrazed

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
True Glassman. Very true but sometimes I think people just make shit up to sound cool. I have smoked that particular stick countless times from an empty stomach and after seasoned octopus and never tasted remotely a mint flavor. Lol. Maybe I'm just being an asshole. Idk.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
True Glassman. Very true but sometimes I think people just make shit up to sound cool. I have smoked that particular stick countless times from an empty stomach and after seasoned octopus and never tasted remotely a mint flavor. Lol. Maybe I'm just being an asshole. Idk.
Hahahahahaha!

I noticed a distinct mint flavor in the last third of the only nub Habano I've had. Surprising, but quite good.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow the cluster-F of a disaster going on at reddit.... :eek: what a stupid mess. :meh:

I just never got into the format over there for some reason....

Well, I for one welcome any refugees @akombatwombat @Gameruiler @Krdshrk
Glad for you to invite any members over who aren't jackasses.... ;)
Thanks for the warm welcome —looking forward to finding some great minds here.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I know one reviewer in particular (not naming names, and not me) that is part of a HUGE website.

Some of the shit they come up with

No, just no.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Is this all because Reddit shut down sales of tobacco? What happens when these emigres learn that this forum really isn’t set up as a place for them to buy/sell/trade cigars?
Nah, it's worse than that. They've gone on a purge deleting subforums left and right. They're not even allowed to share deals from vendors now! But yeah, this isn't a home for the flippers and the jackasses that reside there.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Nah, it's worse than that. They've gone on a purge deleting subforums left and right. They're not even allowed to share deals from vendors now! But yeah, this isn't a home for the flippers and the jackasses that reside there.
As far as I am concerned..........GOOD RIDDANCE, I am not a Reddit fan. However, I did partake in the CCOTM a few times, so there's that.

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Man, not even gone for a week, and all kinds of hate going on. Pop in for a moment and disappointed in what I see. People aren't allowed to pick up different flavors in cigars anymore, people aren't allowed to be new and join new sites anymore. Big time BotL attitude going on all'round.
Last time I checked, everyone's palette is different and that may mean cigars remind someone of a flavor that it doesn't you. That's what is great about talking about cigars, the unique experiences we can share with one another.
A large cigar community is basically being shut down, without notice, most likely in part to pressure from the US gov't and lack of support the cigar community has been getting. We should be welcoming 'refugees' not spreading hate before even giving them a chance. Not everyone is a bad apple. From what I read, most of the big traders and sellers already set up shop with a site of their own.
If we want life to be better, we need to be better.
(y)

Coincrazed

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ok so can I say a certain white wine has notes of cherries, currants, and red fruit flavors characteristic of red wine? And get upset when a certain person who has drank that wine countless times disagrees and corrects me? If this is the case lets do away with reviews altogether or drop the tasting notes and rely on a pure enjoyment review so there is no inaccuracy.

I'm sticking to my guns here. People need to stop bullshitting and embellishing their reviews to sound cool and sophisticated. Experienced people see right through their nonsense and know they're making stuff up. You can't tell me a JDN Antano has 8 different flavors.

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't make it true. Reviews are and will always be opinion, not necessarily fact. I find Corona beer to be like drinking stale beer flavored water. I've had countless discussions with people who love the stuff, and find it to be one of their favorite beers, especially to drink in the summer. Who is right?

Coincrazed

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't make it true. Reviews are and will always be opinion, not necessarily fact. I find Corona beer to be like drinking stale beer flavored water. I've had countless discussions with people who love the stuff, and find it to be one of their favorite beers, especially to drink in the summer. Who is right?
I am one who loves Corona.

And nope. I didn't read it on the internet. I know from smoking many of that stick. I am passionate about that stick and that brand in general, and the "flavors" the person was claiming it has is nowhere near being accurate, and I'm taking from experience here, and my knowledge of that specific blend. This is not a discussion of if the stick is a "good" or "bad" stick, it is a discussion of innacurately describing the taste and saying flavors are there that simply are not and never will be.

Maybe its just the numismatist/douchiness in me coming out. Idk.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
We should be welcoming 'refugees' not spreading hate before even giving them a chance. Not everyone is a bad apple.
What am I missing here? I haven’t seen anyone arguing against letting people join this forum from Reddit. I simply pointed out that this forum isn’t set up as site to sell cigars, and if that’s what someone is looking for, they are going to be disappointed here. I’ve seen others draw that conclusion as well. Not really sure what you are talking about. Please explain.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I am one who loves Corona.

And nope. I didn't read it on the internet. I know from smoking many of that stick. I am passionate about that stick and that brand in general, and the "flavors" the person was claiming it has is nowhere near being accurate, and I'm taking from experience here, and my knowledge of that specific blend. This is not a discussion of if the stick is a "good" or "bad" stick, it is a discussion of innacurately describing the taste and saying flavors are there that simply are not and never will be.

Maybe its just the numismatist/douchiness in me coming out. Idk.

Coincrazed

Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Oh really. Wow. Lol. We're still talking about my asian reference, days later and completely ignoring the fact that what I said was true. Mmmmkay.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.