What's new

Razr V3C?

thebigo

I'm a Carnie
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Did you not like cingular?

Jwrussell said:
OK folks, I'm getting ready to dump cingular and go back to Verizon. I'm looking at the Razr V3C as my next phones. Anyone have one and have comments? If you are with Verizon as well that would help me eve more...

Thanks!

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have the E815 and my dad has the Razr, every time were out he uses my phone. I would buy a razr if the price came down. To only advantge over the two phones is the size.

As for service I love my Verizon service. I use it in the CT, MA, NY, NH, RI, NJ and VT area with no problems. All our regional managers have them all over the US and there are only a few dropped calls with them

A site I like to read and get phone and provide info is howard forums

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I've heard generally bad things about the Razr. My friend owns one...most of the small flip phones actually take up way less room than this. It's slim but it's wide and tall. I keep my cell in my pocket...that Razr would be hard to do that with. Sweet looking, but he has had lots of problems with his. Of course, you never know what you're gonna get sometimes with electronics. That could just be his experience.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
BigO. My major qualm with Cingular has been their network. That and our phones, but that can always be changed. However, I want stuff to work, so even if it was just the phones, too bad for cingular. I never had a problem with the Verizon Network except in an apartment I lived in for 6 months between houses. Must've been the one dead area Verizon has on the East Coast.

As to the getting it free, that's with rebates most places, and rebates you have to wait 150 to 180 days to use too. And as far as I know they are all geared toward new contracts. That's one thing I don't think the cell companies will ever realize. It's better to hang on to customers than to have to get new ones. They've always had it backwards.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I like the size of the razr. fits great in my back pocket, and sitting on it makes no difference to me or the phone.... Almost the size of a credit card, much smaller and I would really hurt the damn thing.....

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
OK, so if anyone else out there is thinking about going the route I did I want to warn you. I did a search online for "free verizon razr". Ended up with one of WireFly's parter companies. Figured I could deal with a little delay since I'd be getting both mine and my wife's phones for free. I knew I'd be in for some delay but opted for overnight shipping and figured I was good.

Well, they certainly ported our numbers over quickly. I placed the order Two Sundays ago and the number was ported last Wed. Just in time for me not to have a phone while picking up the Moms from the airport. Oops. Oh well, just another inconvenience, I'm saving all kinds of money...is what I was thinking. Well, tomorrow's a week from them porting my number and guess what? Still no phones. I actually had to call Verizon myself today after getting the number and Order ID from these guys because they told me Verizon was the hold up. Nope. Try again, says Verizon. So we called again and they told us "24 hours". Same thing they told us 5 days ago. Oh yeah, and the customer service is somewhere in Taiwan or somewhere. Fun, huh? Just be aware folks, if you go this route, be prepared for the hassles.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Ha! BOTL solves all problems! Just got notice that my phones are shipping.

Heheheh, I'm sure the screaming and yelling today had no affect. :wink:

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Jwrussell said:
Ha! BOTL solves all problems! Just got notice that my phones are shipping.

Heheheh, I'm sure the screaming and yelling today had no affect. :wink:
I'm sure you acted like a perfect angel :angel:

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Man that sucks about the delay. I hate that with ordering products sometimes.

Glad to hear they are shipping. Let us know how you like the phone.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
On a side note, after spending the last couple of days researching reviews online, one would be inclined not to buy this phone. :dunno:

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Dave,

I still like the phone. I'm finally getting my rebates for the damn thing too so that's always a plus (I bought mine from Wirefly.com, rebates equalled the cost of the phone, but I was signing up with a new provider).

The issues:
Reception isn't necessarily as good as a phone with an external antenna, but in all but the worst areas (around my home unfortunately, where even my wife's Treo has trouble) it gets a signal just fine. When not making a phone call if you open the phone and hold it to your ear there is a buzzing sound. It's annoying as hell when you first notice it, but once you know it's there...so what. I don't open the phone and hold it to my ear unless I'm making a call so... I've read quite a bit about them being fragile. Mine seems to be holding up just fine and I've dropped it a couple of times, but if you are a clutz or want a rugged phone, probably not the one for you. Battery power, SUCKS. Keep a charger with you. I'm not on my phone a ton each day so it doesn't really affect me. If you use your phone constantly though, consider a phone with better battery life.

Also, Motorola just came out with the next gen of this phone: The Krazer (krzr).
PC Magazine Review

It's a bit longer, bit beefier looking than the Rzr. It comes with a built in MP3 player which the Rzr doesn't have. Personally I don't like it as much as the Rzr.

Also, I think there's a new version of the Rzr, the V3M vs V3C which I have.

Let us know what you get.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
If you have verizon as a carrier, the Samsung A930 is a fantastic phone. Great speakerphone, awesome battery life, nice weight/feel to it.

My Dad has the Razr, he doesn't use it all that often but I had to set it up for him. I just don't like it for some reason, the key pad isn't so hot and it's just too thin for me. I need some substance to my phones.

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A few people I know got the new KRZR and love it. Iwill be getting one in December.