What's new

Razr V3C?

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
After much debate and a phone call to a Brother here, I took the razr plunge. Received the black one in the mail today.

My first concern was what I read about not being able to hear so I bumped it up to the highest setting (7) and made a call. Had to turn it down a notch or two after about 15 seconds of conversing. Not sure if the issue has been resolved or what but I had no problem hearing...and that was using it in my truck going down the interstate.

I do notice that reception while talking seems slightly less than my Moto 551. As Jason said, I attribute that to the lack of an external antenna. I am having no problem maintaining 4-5 bars so far.

I was concerned about scratching it up so I did purchase the case for it that you can clip to your belt if you want. I am surprised at how slim the phone still is even with the case on. A little bit of sexiness of the phone is lost with the case but so be it.

Obviously, it is way to early to say if I'm pleased or not...only time will tell.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The samsungs have always been good. Although my last two motorolas have been great.
I agree, the Samsungs are great. I have the Samsung d807 slider. I'm very happy with it so far.

I'm with Cingular again for another 2 years, though. Thought about switching to Verizon but their coverage out here stinks.

Besides, with the new phone all the connection issues I was having, and blaming on Cingular, have been solved. The phone makes a huge difference.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I currently have a Samsung A930 and love it. So many features compared to the old phones, reception is great and the talk time is great. My only complaint is the low battery warning. It happens way too close to the phone actually dying. It's not really a warning but a notfication ten minutes before it happens.

I use Verizon now but was with Cingular for years prior. Coverage in Jersey isn't an issue, it's pretty much everywhere. I switched due to the "in network." Almost all my friends have verizon so I don't use any minutes and have unlimited text messaging, pic texting and video texting.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I should have gotten the case with my Razr. I dropped it a few times due to the fact that it's hard to grip at times.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Mine's still ticking along just fine. My major beef is battery life, which sucks. Beyond that, it does the job. Just do yourself a favor and have a charger in all the major areas you go to (home, car, office).

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
My friend was unsure about getting one and I told him just buy a damn phone already and stop contemplating which one would be the right fit. He seems pretty pleased with it now, and he likes the pseudo GPS feature they have. It works pretty well, you can put in a destination and it will tell you where to turn etc, and you can use your bluetooth headset to hear the directions directly in your ear if you are traveling with people.