• 45 minutes

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • 1 hour

Votes: 22 37.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The humidity makes a huge difference. On a humid day I would say more than 15 minutes and it's rank. When I do re-light, I will take a puff or two and then purge. It seems to get some of the bitterness out.

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I'll at least give it a shot. If it tastes too funky for more than a couple minutes, I tend to toss it and light up a new one though.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
In my short experience with cigars, I've had to shut it down early maybe twice. Didn't really notice too much difference in taste with the first one after an hour of sitting but the 2nd after a day of sitting was a little burnt, then again I forgot to clip it I just let it extinguish on its own. Maybe that altered it?:dunno: I don't want to make this regular practice!

Last edited:

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
wow we're getting high brow around here.

I bartend Friday and Saturday nights, and would not be able to finish a robo on the way to work. I'll purge it when I get there, let it go out, and re-light it after work 4.5 hours later. Is it a perfect example of the cigar? No, but it's fine for me considering it's 2:30 am.

I have gone to dinner with some guys here, and we show up at the restaurant with sticks still burning. They get set in a safe place and re lit after dinner. I'm not letting one sit in an ashtry for 2 days or anything, but if you're tossing a cigar after 30 minutes of it being out, then you are wasting half a cigar.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I'm with many here ... the answer depends on the cigar.

I've had cigars go out - I try to relight 5-10 min later - and nothing I do can save it.

Then I've had cigars that I'll leave in the ashtray half smoked, come back 24 hrs later, relight, and it tastes just fine.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I don't like relighting cigars but I suppose if you let it sit while you have lunch or something its acceptable to relight it after you're done but in a recent email I got some one took the time to develop a cigar relighting solution apparently it keeps your cigar fresh and tasting just as good as when you last smoked it. here's the video

[YOUTUBE][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v590h-w4cF0&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Cigar Advisor Repuff product test[/ame][/YOUTUBE]

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Neat video, obviously the guy is no scientist because that is not how you test a product. Would have been nice to see 3 or 4 different methods:
1 - Let cigar go out, dont do anything to it
2 - Purge and clip off all ash
3 - Let cigar go out, clip ash before relight
4- Use the product as directed

Anyways, for me I say 15-20 min tops no matter what. I pick my smokes depending on whats going on and make sure never to choose something rare or really expensive if I am going to be doing a bunch of other stuff.

openendstraight

Grand Corona
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
I have talked with the guy who invented Repuff, and he is a "JACK WAGON".

if anyone is interested I am in the process of patenting a method to do the same thing. It is very simple less steps, and only cost $1 each time, I am calling it:

Re-cut and Re-lite, so if you see anyone doing this please collect $1 from them, and send it to me, and I will give you a collection fee of 25 cents.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I smoke one to work everyday, but only smoke half i work 8 hours and relite,but i do purge it 3-4 times before i let it go out...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will always TRY it if it's the same day unless it's a cheap cigar. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out and I toss it. But I suppose that's my Scottish roots showing more than anything...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was about halfway through a JJ last evening when I got an emergency call. About 30 minutes later I fired it up expecting the nasty, but could hardly tell it had been re-lit.