What's new

Rebuild Transmission

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
So I guess my cigar buying is at a stand still. I have to have my transmission rebuilt looks like 1800 to get it done. My truck is a 1999 F-150 with 355,000 miles this my second transmission. I just hate it that it is this close to Christmas.

"Life's journey is not to arrive in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, "Shouting....Holy Shit....what a ride!"

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Damn brother. I always loved the F150 especially the lightning. Keep your head up.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Anthony I am going for a million. I love this truck can never get rid of it.

"Life's journey is not to arrive in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, "Shouting....Holy Shit....what a ride!"

gui_tarzan

Certifiable
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
As heavy as that transmission is it's worth it to have someone else change/rebuild it. I helped my step-dad change his in his '93 F150 (automatic) and it was almost too heavy for us to lift.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
what the hell does this have to do with cigars,unless you use the truck to haul cigars,or to rob cigar stores.

Next we will have a lawnmower thread,trouble shooting stalling out or how to sharpen a blade that is ecologically acceptable...........Jeezus.........

Oh look ,a thread on how to make a door stop out of last year's Christmas fruitcake...........:rofl:

FuenteSmoker

Il n'y a pas de fumée san
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
what the hell does this have to do with cigars,unless you use the truck to haul cigars,or to rob cigar stores.

Next we will have a lawnmower thread,trouble shooting stalling out or how to sharpen a blade that is ecologically acceptable...........Jeezus.........

Oh look ,a thread on how to make a door stop out of last year's Christmas fruitcake...........:rofl:

Well, it is in the General Discussion section......sooooooooooo you might see a tread about a fruitcake next !!

:tiphat:

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0

I don't see a problem with this thread. It is about as general as it gets... Haven't you seen the scrabble thread, the yoda talk thread, or the random YouTube thread?

Rating - 100%
49   0   0

I don't see a problem with this thread. It is about as general as it gets... Haven't you seen the scrabble thread, the yoda talk thread, or the random YouTube thread?
plus 1.... its in this section for a reason lol.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0

plus 1.... its in this section for a reason lol.
This is the general discussion thread, don't see a problem with it. If you don't like it, move along and don't read it.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Well my annual fruitcake delivery to my neighbors did not happen as planned yesterday. My truck is still in the shop for another week. They are off for the Christmas holidays. So I went to fire up the lawnmower and remembered I live in Arizona so I do not have one. Then I went to pick up my mom at the train station in the rain, oops that is a song.

Bottom line truck needed the transmission rebuilt it will be two weeks to get it back. So I am at home enjoying the holidays and smoking tons of cigars.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Well my annual fruitcake delivery to my neighbors did not happen as planned yesterday. My truck is still in the shop for another week. They are off for the Christmas holidays. So I went to fire up the lawnmower and remembered I live in Arizona so I do not have one. Then I went to pick up my mom at the train station in the rain, oops that is a song.

Bottom line truck needed the transmission rebuilt it will be two weeks to get it back. So I am at home enjoying the holidays and smoking tons of cigars.
Had my transmission rebuilt in a 05 Escape. Cost 2200 I believe. Sucked big time. They told me it would be 3 or 4 days. Instead, it took 2 weeks.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
So what Im getting out of all of this... is you spent all of your $$ getting your truck back up and running.. and are in desperate need of cigars to get you through the holidays?

Is that accurate?

:grin:

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
So what Im getting out of all of this... is you spent all of your $$ getting your truck back up and running.. and are in desperate need of cigars to get you through the holidays?

Is that accurate?

:grin:

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Oh no I am just a cheap ass and cannot get rid of my old truck so I am spending 1800 on a new transmission. It is just hard to part with a truck that I have had for 11 years you know the seat is now broken in.

Crypto Sailor

Loose Lips Sink Ships
Rating - 100%
88   0   0

GTFOH with that if you don't like it leave or don't look we've got enough smart asses don't need to add anymore.