What's new

Recommend some favorite sticks!

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Fuente Short Story natural is the perfect light-medium smoke; the maduro version is a very good medium-full offering.

As @Nacho Daddy wisely pointed out, milder smokes have a lot of nuance to them without overpowering your tastebuds. It's not like you have to "graduate" into full-bodied sticks or anything (I personally like milder smokes in the morning and full-bodied later in the day or after a meal). For several weeks I've been smoking nothing but strong, earthy smokes and my palate is fried. (n)

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
All Fuente's are good can't go wrong
For starters go with Fuente. Premium cigar and if you buy by the box its affordable. A lot of the popular and new marketed cigars are overpriced. For non-Cuban there are tons of deals - freebies, samplers etc. Every vendor online has a section for specials that will allow you as a new smoker to try the less expensive cigars that are sale. It doesn't make sense to spend the big bucks yet....find YOUR top cigars then unload the wallet.

Tip- Go Habanos, there aren't any "deals" but the prices are not out of line with other premier NC. Even many low priced options in Habanos portfolio are great smokes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
awesome advice so far fellas, thanks! Picked up a crowned heads sampler on monster last friday that Im waiting for. Also stopped by my B&M in the meantime yesterday and picked up a few...undercrown, illusione, brick house
Undercrown and Brickhouse suck. Don't waste your money.

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
Bostoneo's list of must have on stock at all times cigars: Mombacho: Tierra Volcan, LFD: Ligero Oscuro, Double Ligero, La Nox, 2000, Cameroon Cabinet Tatuaje: J21, Fausto, Belle Encre, Ashton: Symmetry, Opus X, Illusione: Singulare, Garagiste, Cruzado, Epernay, Joya De Nicaragua: Black, Cuatro Cinco, Crowned Heads: La Imperiosa, Fable cigars, Foundation: Gueguense, Tabernacle

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Under $5:
NC - Foundation Charter Oak Natural
CC - JLP Cazadores

$5-8:
NC - Warped La Hacienda
CC - Partagas D4, Por Larranaga Picadores

$8+:
NC - Warped La Colmena
CC - Partagas E2, Bolivar Belicosos Finos

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bostoneo's list of must have on stock at all times cigars: Mombacho: Tierra Volcan, LFD: Ligero Oscuro, Double Ligero, La Nox, 2000, Cameroon Cabinet Tatuaje: J21, Fausto, Belle Encre, Ashton: Symmetry, Opus X, Illusione: Singulare, Garagiste, Cruzado, Epernay, Joya De Nicaragua: Black, Cuatro Cinco, Crowned Heads: La Imperiosa, Fable cigars, Foundation: Gueguense, Tabernacle
You sure thats all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I wouldn't say these are favorites but they are all good (IMO) and would be good to try and to see how your palate reacts to them:
Oliva O
Oliva O Maduro
Fuente Hemmingway Series
Furente 8-5-8 (both the natural and maduro)
Crowned Heads (any)
My Father (multiple lines to try and see what triggers your pallet)
CAO La Triviata (knock around stick)
CAO Brazilia
Ashton Classic
I second the Olivas (anything by Oliva really), and CAO Brazilia. I would say Tatauja as others have, but I would specifically recomend the white lable for a starter. It is excellent and by far the cheapest tat. that I lnow of at least.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I think one of my favorite, less expensive cigars is now the AJ Fernandez Fallen Angel. Reasonably priced and smokeable with a months rest.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I second the Olivas (anything by Oliva really), .
Funny, the only Oliva (Insert letter) cigars I like are the V and V Melanio. Still waiting to try the Master Blends

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Looks like I have a ton of recommendations to try! Got some crowned heads this week (cosa nica sampler) that Im enjoying...def going to try fuente hemmingway soon as a lot of people seem to recommend those. Thanks guys.