What's new

Recommend Your Fav Online Retailer

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fellow BOTL, please recommend your favorite online retailer and warn of your least favorites.

I love the local B&Ms, including Stogies On Grand (St. Paul) and Golden Leaf (Minneapolis), but my pocketbook is ready to try Thompson or Atlantic. However, it would be nice to make a big purchase with confidence. I guess my biggest concern is dehumidification during shipping.

Thanks!

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Famous is a site sponsor & takes care of business.

I also recommend New Havana Cigars (no one beats Dan's packaging) and Atlantic.

I'm also near Cigars International - I rarely use them, but they are the biggest for a reason.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
CI doesn't use a humidipak in their shipping. Which is why I try to use Cigar.com if the price is right. Funny thing is, it totally depends on what you are ordering. CI is HUGE and often has really good deals. Cigar.com has AWESOME customer service. Thats been my experience.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
There are so many but I have to throw out 2. Dan at Newhavana and Eric at Big Easy. Great boys. Again, many out there but these two are first in my mind.

JP8

USAF Retired
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I've used CI many times and only had one problem which they fixed. New Havana is really good as well IMO.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
There are about six different sites that I order from with some regularity and have nothing but good experiences with them all. I have probably used Famous and CI more than any of them, basically because they are so big and usually have some great prices on things I'm looking for. Famous is the only site sponsor but here are the ones I'm very happy with.

Famous
Cigars International
Cigar.com
Holt's
New Havana Cigars
TexCigars

I've always had great service and delivery from each of them. I've probably spent close to five or six thousand dollars among these six sites over the last year and haven't had a single issue or problem with any of them. I'll also agree totally with SergeantStogie's comment about Cigar.com. They have probably the best customer service of any retailer I have ever dealt with!

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Since my last comment I checked my mail and recieved the 4 stick NOSOTROS sampler from New Havana. Awesome packaging with a humidipak and was shipped really fast. Same day as ordered I believe. Three thumbs up!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can search plenty of sites looking for the best deal - but I've always found CI or Famous coming out on top. Never been disappointed with the service of either.

Good Luck-

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to each of you for sharing your thoughts and experiences with these retailers. This thread certainly narrowed my choice down to just a few. You guys are great.

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
i'm still kinda new here, but i have noticed that we like to recomend and buy from this forum's sponsors as the site might not be here without their support! they support us, why not, if they sell what we want, support them.....
Posted via Mobile Device

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
online Shopping, i have had great experiemce with Tex ciagrs for the hard to find. Only a few dollars more on some things but worth it. Atlantic cigar is by far my favorite in store retailer and lounge. CI, Cigar.com, and Cigar Bid.com all work out of the same warehouse in bath pa, so i give my money to cigarbid I pay less and usually makes to me in jersey to next day in the mail. But I have to give my props to Marvin in Hawaii he has gone out of his way more for me than anyone else.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
As an international shopper the retailers are a bit limited. I do mot my shoppings at Cigarplace, Atlantic or good old Larry Lynn. I think that CP is my favorite because that they have more brand in stock.

swat253

CRA Member #206760
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I check Cigars International and Cigar.com for their Daily Deals. You can pick up some great buys there and CI has a "Jambalaya" pretty often where the offer changes as soon as the current one runs sells out. Keep your credit card handy though...

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I buy singles mostly, or samplers, so I spend most of my money at Cigar.com. They have amazing customer service, and I have been hooked up with some amazing deals every time I have spoken to Tim "His Almighty Holiness The Beard" Blythe.