What's new

Redneck Rendezvous - Part Deux

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Ok.. so its time to start planning the next E TN HERF...

Who: Anyone/Everyone.. whether you really are a redneck.. or just a redneck at heart.. you are welcome to attend (just watch out for Rev.. he doesnt play well with yankees :) )...

What: Redneck Rendezvous II.. A day of eating well, drinking hillbilly hooch (or diet root beer if you are so inclined :) ), and smoking until the vitamin N takes you away..

When: TBD.. but leaning heavily toward the 12th of April right now..

Where: TBD... really depends on turn out and overall interest... we can do things like last year.. and just go to the back yard... the weather should be decent (as long as it doesnt rain).. Ive got plenty of room/chairs, etc.. for up to about a dozen people... or.. if it looks like we are going to have a much larger turn out.. and/or people are interested.. we can move it to a "venue".. there are several options available.. I could see about lounge access for the group at my local "club".. I could see about access to a room/bar at a local country club (its not as "high brow" as you might think.. they let my redneck ass join :) )... There is a park nearby with covered pic-nic areas and grills... etc..etc.. All of these would be "free" options..

Or.. we could go the "pay" route.. and look at renting a large cabin in the Smoky Mountain National Forest area (about 45 mins from here)... Prices vary greatly.. I would need to check on rates and availability, etc.. but if thats an interest.. let me know and Ill start checking into it asap..

Why: Why not?

If you have a thought or suggestion.. please post them here.. if you think you might like to attend.. please PM me your email address.. we'll keep the "big" discussion here.. so that everyone knows whats going on, etc... but any side conversations, or minor detail issues we'll keep to PM's and emails so as not to flood the thread and making things untrackable...

let the redneckery begin!

:grin:

********* UPDATE *********

The Hillbilly HERF is a GO....

April 12th..
8 AM - 8 PM (get there when you want.. leave there when you like..)...
Cosby Picnic Pavilion
127 Cosby Park Road
Cosby TN 37722

Last edited:

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
there will be caffeine, right?

copious amounts!

Im hoping to get in one more Africa trip before this happens (looking like March at this point.. been trying to get back since mid December..).. If so, Im planning on picking up some beans fresh off the farm in Uganda (Ill be heading to Entebbe and Kampala if this trip actually goes)..

Rating - 100%
33   0   1
There is a chance I could make this depending on the day... Guess I shoulda joined up here when I lived in Nashville. Would've made it a lot easier.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Would you mind PMing me your location? I should be down working on my new place in Mt. Airy, NC, during April. If it's not too far, I may be able to attend. I may be originally from SOUTH Jersey, but that doesn't mean I'm not a dang redneck. In fact there's still a lot of us up here (google Jersey Piney or Pine Barrens).