What's new

Regular Production Viaje....

What is your favorite regular production Viaje?

• Oro

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Platino

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • Fifty Fifty Black

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Fifty Fifty Red

Votes: 10 20.4%

• Total voters
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Out of the regular production Viaje, I have only had the Oro and I liked it. I have yet to have the Platino or the Fifty Fifty (red or black). I know there is a lot of hype around viajes limited releases and it seems like the regular production sticks are hardly ever mentioned. So with that in mind, what is your favorite regular production Viaje and why?

Last edited:

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Only 10% of Viaje's are "Regular Production"

The reality is that some of the limited sticks have larger runs (in a given year) than the productions.

The Fifty | Fifty Red was a phenomenal cigar. My thoughts.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I voted Platino...big fan of em'. Next would be the 50/50 Black, but I've yet to try the Red.

I've been hearing good things about the new 50/50 Red...a lot of good things actually. Will have to give them a try here eventually. Damn...I've got to give A LOT of cigars I need to "give a try" these days.....

Not enough hours in the day....:cryloud:

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
if the 50/50 Red isn't regular production, I'll be annoyed. I'm sick of the Viaje fake "limited" stuff. It's put them on the map, but will come back to bite them without a more robust and top-notch regular line-up. My 2 cents anyway.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
if the 50/50 Red isn't regular production, I'll be annoyed. I'm sick of the Viaje fake "limited" stuff. It's put them on the map, but will come back to bite them without a more robust and top-notch regular line-up. My 2 cents
Code:
anyway.
don't underestimate the platino Nate...I think you'll really enjoy em'. Have u had one yet?

And, I heard some news...or a rumor I suppose, albeit from a reputable source...that October could be an interesting month around here...And not just for the reasons we're accustomed to...Lol!

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
if the 50/50 Red isn't regular production, I'll be annoyed. I'm sick of the Viaje fake "limited" stuff. It's put them on the map, but will come back to bite them without a more robust and top-notch regular line-up. My 2 cents anyway.
To some extent I understand you, but at some point there's a limit of how much of a certain tobacco you can get. I'd rather have Andre do a bunch of limited stuff and have it be good versus some mediocrity. I agree the 10-90 ratio isn't great though.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
To some extent I understand you, but at some point there's a limit of how much of a certain tobacco you can get. I'd rather have Andre do a bunch of limited stuff and have it be good versus some mediocrity. I agree the 10-90 ratio isn't great though.
I'd wager nearly all of those "limited" sticks use readily available tobacco.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I voted Platino...big fan of em'. Next would be the 50/50 Black, but I've yet to try the Red.

I've been hearing good things about the new 50/50 Red...a lot of good things actually. Will have to give them a try here eventually. Damn...I've got to give A LOT of cigars I need to "give a try" these days.....

Not enough hours in the day....:cryloud:
I've had two--both good but didn't blow me away at all. I'm planning to try the lancero, though, as I've heard great things and usually like lanceros a lot in a good blend.

The 50/50 I had last week, however, was really great I thought. So they definitely put out some good stuff, I'm just tired of the "limited release" craze. It's different when Tatuaje does it--those are a boon for specific shops and are almost always just tweaks of his current stuff, different wrappers, etc.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Have smoked several sizes of the Platino line and they didn't do anything for me. That being said, I liked the DES and Jar Robustos as well as the TNT. Summerfest was funny because the first one I lit the shag foot and it opened up like a bouquet of flowers lol. Since that one, just cut the shag foot off. Missed the daisy cutter. To me, the LE"s are good, the regular lines OK, my fave's so far, the 50/50 blacks. G1