What's new

Rehydrating Bovedas

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Actually, to do a real experiment I would need to do some in tap water and some in distilled water. I would also need to buy new packs to be sure it’s apples to apples. A guy gave me a bunch of his used packs, and I have no idea how old they were or which ones were his at this point.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Oh well, who cares if it’s a “real” experiment, I’ll just do them all in tap water and post a pic in a few years.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recharged my 69% packs after 2,5 years, which is quite fast even when I put regularly a few new cigars in. I made the mistake putting lower rh packs (65%) together with them. I decided to go for a slow recharge, filled a cup with distilled water, put 8 and 60 grams 69% packages in a closed container. It took about 5 weeks to get the packs soft again, but I didn't risk them to be overhumidified, I put them straight in and they got my tupperdore to 69% quite fast.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn VOG-L29 met Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If they are hard/crusty you let them go too long. Not sure about anyone else's experience but 2 1/2 years is a lot longer then I can go before recharging. I recharge 1/2 of my Bovedas every 4-6 months. In my experience once they get rock solid you can toss them.