What's new

Rehydrating Bovedas

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I find my Boveda's hydrate faster vin summer is the garage that is normally 110-120 during the day time, in winter when the garage is cooler the process in slower.

So bring the Boveda Rehydration system indoor for faster recharge.
Yeah I can imagine. Just like I’ve found they don’t keep the wineador humidified as well at colder temps. I keep my re-hydrating setup in my utility room where the furnace and hot water heater are. Warmest part of the house right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Yeah I can imagine. Just like I’ve found they don’t keep the wineador humidified as well at colder temps. I keep my re-hydrating setup in my utility room where the furnace and hot water heater are. Warmest part of the house right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly Boveda is not going to tell you that you can rehydrate their product, because they want to sell you more New Boveda's.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yea, I get impatient and just sprayed them till damp with DW and they come back in a day or two. Not sure I would float them in a pool of water but a couple of light spritzes doesn't seem to hurt. They probably run high for a couple of days after but I have enough stuff in the humidors that I don't see an appreciable rise.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes, then i wrap them in paper towel for about 1 hr to take the dampness off the outside
Really good to know! I thought the cardboard box the packs are encased in would fall apart or something haha. Thanks Fusion!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My 320g are not in a box, they are loose packs, dont dunk the box lol
Haha I knew there was something more to it. I use them with the mounting plates so they have to stay in the box. Unless I can open it, dunk the pack and then use a safe odorless adhesive to reseal back in the box

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I just drop my dry Boveda pack into a dish of distilled water, leave it for a few hours and it is good to go. The exterior is not affected by the water. It's fast and easy. Don't have to make it complicated.