What's new

Relax on Cigar Ban?

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Sooooo is habanos SA ready to follow upcoming FDA rules?

Side notes, if prices become anything like they are here, you guys will be allowed to bring back about one behikes per trip. ;)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
153   0   0
I read through this thread. There's some good posts here.
IMO: if embargo will be lifted it's not going to be any time in the near future. Not holding my breath that it does happen and actually hope it doesn't for selfish reasons.
Also a lot of comments heading to the island. Nothing has changed in the laws regarding visiting Cuba and I don't see that changing in the next several years either.
As Jfire mentioned 13 has been great and a good time to go deep. I have yet to have anything with a 14 code that makes me want to buy more.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Am I the only one noticing the influx of some of the OG board members? One other positive thing about all this happening, brought some people back to discuss. Welcome back gents!
Some are always around (and check in every day.) I'm guessing it's all relative to what's being discussed.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I read through this thread. I have yet to have anything with a 14 code that makes me want to buy more.
  • Partagas Selección Privada EL
  • Upmann Connoisseur A
  • Upmann Sir Winston
  • Half of the Esplendidos I've <ehem> 'tested' prior to packing them away were of '07 caliber and possibly beyond
I have room for two more boxes in my locker, and now I have to see if the Cohiba EL will fit the bill. It surely isn't the glorious '05-'07 years where everything is gold, but specific '14s are knockouts in my opinion.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Just remember, the lift on Ccs has not been lifted yet and will in all likelihood take a while for it to occur. But, this is a positive step towards gaining legal access to the forbidden fruit,

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I will probably load up on some from what I can get in 13 and 14 come spring; but I doubt this easing will do anything. I think more fakes than reals will be apparent, but that's already the case everywhere. You will see more fools posting on Facebook that they got the real crap from a dude who knows a dude now.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
That's not totally true, certain actions need Congressional approval. Not all.
But this one needs congressional approval and cannot be done by executive order. I've talked to two different political analysts about this and both infatically state that removing the ban and opening up will take congressional approval. All that people are doing now is speculating what is going to happen, nothing is etched in stone and things are subject to change.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
political posturing is what we have,and none of it is in any way related to ending the embargo.
politics is pretending to give a little to see if the other guy will pretend to give a little .
so far it is all in the pretending stage,which is what the president has been doing since he came into office.......

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
This better explains what this means.

http://time.com/money/3639721/cuban-cigars-legal/

And here is the US Dept of Treasury page on the new issues,

http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Programs/pages/cuba.aspx

Based on everything that I have read and researched, only those travelers licensed to travel to Cuba can purchase Ccs. No other country is authorized for US travelers, as it's still illegal to transport them into the U.S. And cigars will not be sold in the US anytime soon.

Last edited: