What's new

Remembering My Brother

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine what you have been going through. Thoughts and prayers to your respective families.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Really sorry to hear this. I remember when you first posted about the accident. I prayed for him then and I'll pray for both of you this evening. Drink and enjoy the Bourbon (that's some good stuff), but remember that your brother would, I'm sure, want you to enjoy life. Get back on the rye horse soon and know that your bro is in a better place.

Don't hesitate to reach out to this community or me individually if we can do anything to help. I know there's not much we can say to heal the hurt, but we're here for you.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Brother,
I don't know you. But know time does help and does heal some wounds. I lost my brother at the age 20. He was 23 and the last time we seen each other we got in a heated argument. It took a long time to heal my guilt. I pray you remember him for all the good times and the "brotherly" moments. Coming from the same bloodline means a lot to all of us. As well as it should from you. Keep your chin up and remember your bro is smiling down on you. And keep drinking that bourbon in his memory. Your bro had great taste!
Jfire

Rating - 100%
156   0   0
So sorry for your loss. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. As others have said don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Brother don't think of it as a loss but heavens gain. Your brother now sits on cloud 9 with all the bourbon and cigars he could ever want. My prayers are with you tonight may God help you through this difficult time and may you find peace in knowing he will watch over you forever. If you ever need to talk or just vent feel free to hit me up.
God bless brother.
JM

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I want to thank everyone for their kind words of encouragement and condolences. The cigars where great, and the bourbon was good (I still prefer rye), but the best part was remembering all the good times with my brother. I'm spending this evening finishing some more of that bottle, smoking some great cigars, and watching football. I'm sure Bob would greatly approve.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Condolences to you and yours. As a rider myself, I can't express enough how unfortunate these events are. The sad truth is, that even though he was likely not doing anything that should have earned him his fate, the general public will probably assume otherwise, which will lead to even more contempt for riders as a whole. I sincerely hope that you and your family can grieve appropriately and go without people's snide and thoughtless remarks about motorcyclists that inevitably pop up at times like these. You're in my prayers, that's a promise.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Condolences to you and yours. As a rider myself, I can't express enough how unfortunate these events are. The sad truth is, that even though he was likely not doing anything that should have earned him his fate, the general public will probably assume otherwise, which will lead to even more contempt for riders as a whole. I sincerely hope that you and your family can grieve appropriately and go without people's snide and thoughtless remarks about motorcyclists that inevitably pop up at times like these. You're in my prayers, that's a promise.
Thanks, socalsailor, but the sad fact is, this was his fault. He had just gotten his dirt bike back from the shop. He jumped on it without his helmet and ran it a couple times up and down the street. On his last run, he popped a wheelie. When he can down, his footpeg clipped a parked car, sending him airborne, and landing on his head. He laid in a comma for 2 months, before he lost the fight. He was usually very safe, and wore chest pad, shoulder pads, leg pads and helmet when he rode off road. All it took was one brief act of carelessness to end it all. A lesson for all us riders. Be careful out there, and always, always wear a helmet.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks, socalsailor, but the sad fact is, this was his fault. He had just gotten his dirt bike back from the shop. He jumped on it without his helmet and ran it a couple times up and down the street. On his last run, he popped a wheelie. When he can down, his footpeg clipped a parked car, sending him airborne, and landing on his head. He laid in a comma for 2 months, before he lost the fight. He was usually very safe, and wore chest pad, shoulder pads, leg pads and helmet when he rode off road. All it took was one brief act of carelessness to end it all. A lesson for all us riders. Be careful out there, and always, always wear a helmet.
I'm really, really sorry to hear that. Who among us hasn't launched a triumphant one-wheeler on a factory new ride, or right after getting some major work done? That really sucks, and I'm sorry that it went down that way. Best wishes to all of you affected.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm very sorry for your loss and I'm thankful that you had such a great person to you in your life. I hope you keep happy and fun memories close to your heart and my prayers are with both for ya'll, you for your healing process and him to find eternal bliss and happiness on the other side.