What's new

Rescued

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Since we lost our Golden last year we have been toying with fostering a dog. Turns out we have a local Golden rescue group and we filled out the form online and waited. Five minutes later the call; would we consider a bonded pair. Two dogs that have been togther all their lives, litter mates, a boy and a girl. They are four years old. Not puppies. No one will take two dogs. What the hell.

Meet Luke and Leyla. Fostered, and next week we adopt. Who needs a yerad anyway. Great dogs with a great personality. Welcome home.

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
That is the coolest thing I have heard all day. Every dog deserves a good home and I am sure yours will be the one of the best they could have.

Congrats, that is a mighty fine thing to do.

JP8

USAF Retired
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Good on you Chuck. I have two rescued dogs as well. They are the best dogs I've ever owned.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Good for you brother, great job! Great looking dogs and are lucky to have a good home!

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Beautiful dogs! That's awesome, Chuck. I have several friends and family members with rescued dogs and all are wonderful. I'm happy for you all!

I hope to get a dog when we move back to the States, and a Golden is at the top of my list (unless my wife caves and let's me have an Alaskan Malmute ... she's worried it would eat the kids, lol).

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Cool Brother, no reason to buy dogs when so many need us, All of mine have been from people or shelters, never paid once except the humane society fee, which is hefty now a day's.

Good job, beautiful loving dogs ya got there brother!

Dave

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Fantastic. We currently have two rescues, a collie and a mixed breed that looks like a golden with a brindle coat. We also have a golden.

We have rescued a number of dogs over the years and have always been rewarded with the best dogs ever. It seems they truly appreciate their new home. I hope yours bring you many years of happiness.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
That is awesome. We found our Golden dumped in the woods. She has been the best dog we have ever had. Unfortunately she has cancer and tumors all over. She is still hanging in there but we think her fight is coming to an end. I wish we had a Golden rescue group here. We definitely want another one when she is gone and the funny thing is last night I mentioned to my wife we should get two.