What's new

Restaurants you have to eat at before you die

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
These are all on my "list" ... alas, I may never get to any of them.
Have you heard of Grant's (Alinea) newest restaurant? It's called "Next". You buy tickets, like a show... and have them for a certain time and date. Less expensive on Wed evening, for example, than a Sat. night. Interesting concept.

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Lexington BBQ No. 1 <-no Michelin stars here... just awesome Carolina BBQ
Chez Panisse <-awesome place for lunch, although the fixed dinner menu has some great secrets
Commander's Palace <-Although Cochon is still my fav. meal in NOLA, Commander's Palace is a must

Also, if you love burgers... The Vortex in Atlanta is an experience. You have to attempt the Double Bypass once, although I like the Elvis a lot.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
-I would love to eat at Morimoto's restaurant in Japan, when he is there... like bourdain did on his show.
-The french laundry is another one that is on the list.
-Bern's Steakhouse in Tampa
-Hakkasan (london)
and the final DREAM, but will be very likely impossible, as I don't think he is in charge of any restaurant any more, would be the cuisine of Hiroyuki Sakai.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Mama's Fish House....on Maui.

I will eat there again someday, no doubt about it. Amazing food, and the scenery can't possibly get any better.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I just had the 23 course tasting menu at The Bazaar, Jose Andres' LA resto. Highly recommend it! 60 minutes did a special on it a few months back. Im sure you can find it online somewhere. Hes doing really innovative stuff there.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Heres a video of my wife and I eating "dragons breath".
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93hzfUrFh60"]YouTube - cannon sd 439[/ame]

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
-I would love to eat at Morimoto's restaurant in Japan, when he is there... like bourdain did on his show.
Hell yes!! And of course, Morimoto needs to be cutting the fish :thumbsup:

The French Laundry is definitely on my list too, but close by, I'll add The Inn at Little Washington and minibar by josé andrés.

smokingIsh

BoM July '09
Rating - 100%
171   0   0
I second comanders palace in NOLA. Also just oustside of town for best oysters in your life, must find Drago's in Metarie. The Chicago Chop House, Stoney River in Atlanta, and Chapley's in Jackson, MS. From my personal experience some of the best steaks anywhere. BTW, Stoney Rivers scotch list beats anywhere I have ever been so my review of the steak may be a bit off.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
Yep. Alinea, anything from bouchon,andres, or robuchon would certainly do. Although a glass of fine wine, fresh bread, old cheese and older cigar looking out over the ocean would do just fine!

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
Not into that molecular gastronomy stuff, so I would want to go back and eat at The Publican in Chicago and La Pepica in Valencia. Lonesome Dove in Ft. Worth, Mugaritz in San Sebastian (hell, any restaurant in San Sebastian, Spain, they got more Michelin stars in that little town than all of France!). St John in London, Uchi in Austin, French Laundry in Napa Valley and either Esca or Le Bernardin in New York!

My dream is to roam the streets of Singapore again drunk off my ass and eat street food all day long. That is a truly happy moment!

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Working for Jean Georges, have eaten at some places that I probably wouldn't have if I didn't. French Laundry is always excellent. I've eaten at his other 2 places up in Napa and wasn't impressed though at either Ad Hoc or Bouchon, not bad but just not up to par with FL. Inn at Little Washington is local and totally overrated IMO. Its very old school, food is fine but very "been there, done that" and expensive. They need to go through the whole place and give it a good cleanup. For the rooms, the price isn't worth the whole experience. I too am not into the whole molecular gastronomy thing. When I eat, I want to be satisfied, not try to figure out "hmm was that foie gras in that puff of smoke I just inhaled?" That being said, next time I'm in Chitown, I will check out Alinea as I've heard good things about it from a few colleagues.

Anyway, my list would be
1-Noma
2-Daniel in NYC
3-Alinea

Oh and El Bulli closes early July this year. G1