What's new

Restaurants you have to eat at before you die

itallushrt

hero
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Following the actual theme of the thread...these are restaraunts I'd like to eat at before I die and have never visited before. Who knows...they might suck and I could have a bad experience. I doubt it though.

Fat Duck (Bray, UK)
XEX Morimoto (Tokyo)
Rao's (NYC)
Topolobampo (Chicago)

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Yep. Alinea, anything from bouchon,andres, or robuchon would certainly do. Although a glass of fine wine, fresh bread, old cheese and older cigar looking out over the ocean would do just fine!

Alinea is amazing bro. You have to get there. Truly a destination...and Bouchon- particularly in little old Yountville in spring- eating outside- is hard to beat. Thomas Keller certainly does it right.

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
Following the actual theme of the thread...these are restaraunts I'd like to eat at before I die and have never visited before. Who knows...they might suck and I could have a bad experience. I doubt it though.

Fat Duck (Bray, UK)
XEX Morimoto (Tokyo)
Rao's (NYC)
Topolobampo (Chicago)
I ate at Frontera Grill in Chicago, and Topolo supposed to be it's higher end cousin. So if it is then that is one heck of a place to eat. Hell Frontera is one of the greatest Mexican restaurants I have ever been to (I could be crucified down here in Texas for saying that about a Chi-town Mex restaurant). Rick Bayless is a true genious!

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
When I was in Chi-town last November I thought about eating at Alinea, but I haven't been impressed with the whole molecular gastronomy thing. I have had meals at other restaurants that incorporate it in their reperetoire and that was fine, but I can't do an entire meal of it. But I still consider chefs of that nature to be at the top of their field. I ended up eating at Blackbird, Avec, The Publican, and Frontera Grill.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
I ate at Frontera Grill in Chicago, and Topolo supposed to be it's higher end cousin. So if it is then that is one heck of a place to eat. Hell Frontera is one of the greatest Mexican restaurants I have ever been to (I could be crucified down here in Texas for saying that about a Chi-town Mex restaurant). Rick Bayless is a true genious!
i've been to frontera and xoco. rick is an amazing chef for true mexican food.

itallushrt

hero
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Frontera is great and you are right Rick Bayless is a genius! I'm headed up to Chi-town in July and hope to eat @ Topolo then.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
So many to choose from all over the world but for all the seafood loving brothers I highly recommend Joe's Stone crabs in South Beach Miami with a side of their hash browns and creamy spinach. Then finish off with a slice of their velvety key lime pie. While you wait to be seated you can order a padron anniversary cigar to accompany a glass of knob creek neat :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Two things I feel the need to add:

1- Bouchon makes amazing, relatively affordable, French Bistro-style food. It cannot be compared to The French Laundry. Originally Thomas Keller opened it to have a place for his cooks and cooks from surrounding restaurants to go after a hard night of cooking. As a chef I can relate. After closing the kitchen there is nowhere to go. Bouchon is a gem of a place for oysters, great wines, desserts, trout amandine, and the best- best gnocchi dishes I have ever had...I can't wait to go back!

2- 'Molecular Gastronomy' can be way overdone, just like most things, but at Alinea you will go through a rollercoaster of emotions, tastes, smells, and sights. The techniques used add to the experience of it all- not take the place of dining and eating. Give it a shot, it is now ranked #7 in the world for a reason...

Deemancpa

Hook'em Horns
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1- The French Laundry- Yountville, California
2- Per Se- Manhattan, NYC- the above's sister restaurant.
3- Alinea- Chicago, Illinois.

Add yours.
4) Le Bernardin NYC
5) Daniel NYC
6) L'Arpege. France
7) Le Chateaubriand France
8) Eleven Madison Park NYC - interactive with guest menu input

Top much top chef!

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
How could I forget "MASA" in NY for sushi!?!?

It's the place you go, and don't order anything, just sit at the sushi bar and let the chef prepare whatever he'd like!