• Depends on the smoke

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Never

Votes: 7 12.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have noticed in the past few months I have been retrohaling out my nostrils with almost every puff. It seems if I don't I miss many flavors in the cigar. My buddy with 5+ years of experience doesn't at all. So guys do you retrohale?

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
some smokes you just want to wallow in, i get that, but if the density of flavor is high enough, it can bog me down. especially rich or spicy smokes, like once or twice a third, but everything else every couple few draws.

BMack

Some say I'm a dreamer...
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Depends on how spicy the cigar is. Retrohaling is a must, imo, it truly opens up the flavors of the cigar...without retrohaling I believe you're getting a small fraction of the overall flavor profile, specifically in delicate smokes like Habanos.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Every few draws for me, that is unless I got something on the milder side, then I might a bit more often.

I really like to go back & forth from palate only, palate & nostrils, & even nostrils only...

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Depending on how spicy or peppery the cigar is I do it quite a bit. Often times I find myself doing it without even intentionally doing it.

Dan

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Maybe about 5 times per cigar...it's a good way to get a better sense of the profile and start over again...the same goes for purging...maybe once or twice.

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I test the waters with a few small retrohales, if the cigar is a pepper bomb, i tend to only do a few here and there. but the creamy/sweet/cedar/ kinds of cigars tend to get blown through my nose more often than not.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I do on almost every puff, but not the WHOLE puff, if that makes sense. I expel most of the smoke slowly from my mouth, then blow the rest slowly through my nose. There are almost no cigars that I can blow an entire puff through my nose, it just get's overwhelming and hot.

pabloj671

Banned
Rating - 92.9%
15   1   0
I'm a fan of the retro!!! not every pull but, often... i just smoke and have a good time... if i like it, cool... i'm not writing reviews every stick i burn... i just enjoy the occasion.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
practically every puff. Only started doing it in the last couple years, and now it seems like i can't experience the true flavor of the cigar without a retrohale. It's essential on milder smokes.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I have tried but cannot seem to get the hang of it have watched videos and read descriptions but not something I have been able to figure out. Don't wanna hijack the thread but any sure fire advice?