• Never

Votes: 7 12.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
You blow out most of the smoke and the last little bit you exhale through your sinuses. Yes, I do retrohale. I don't think I could enjoy the cigar as much if I didn't.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ok so this might sound stupid but how do I retrohale a cigar?
Retrohaling is simply puffing out smoke through your nostrils. If you haven't ever done it, take it very slow with a small quantity of smoke at first. If you have a super spicy cigar you might end up in tears if you full on retrohale and you aren't used to it. I do it every few puffs to pick up on flavors that my palate may not detect.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have tried but cannot seem to get the hang of it have watched videos and read descriptions but not something I have been able to figure out. Don't wanna hijack the thread but any sure fire advice?
Start of slow, first you'll want to release most of the smoke through your mouth(maybe 75%) then breathe in through just your nose without inhaling any smoke then push your tongue up and back and breathe out. Eventually you won't have to do anything with your tongue but it will help you learn how to pull air from your mouth to your nose. As you get more used to it, try more smoke...every cigar will vary by how much smoke you can retrohale, NCs tend to be harder to retrohale because they're generally soo spicy and strong. You'll start to get the feeling of how much and how fast to blow the smoke out of your nose.

Sometimes you'll also need to hold the smoke in your mouth a little bit before retrohaling to let the smoke cool a bit, then you'll want to blow slowly out of your nose. Slowing down how quickly you smoke helps keep the cigar cool so this isn't as much of a problem but sometimes, it's just how the cigar is burning.

It sounds a lot harder than it is, it's like riding a bike...once you get that feeling of how to balance, it becomes second nature. I don't even think about it most of the time.
Probably the quintessential explanation there is for "snorking" and remember...if you start practicing with a mild cigar you will be able to pick this up even quicker. You don't want to expel 100% of the smoke out of your nose....that's just not smart because at some point you are going to burn the membranes of your nose and that takes time to heal. A combination of air with smoke is what you need to ensure you get a sensible amount. It's very much akin to breathing out of your nose and mouth at the same time in measured exhales. I wasn't aware that this was a difficult thing to do until so many have asked the same question...practice practice.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Not sure if I missed it but sometimes exhale a bit out of your mouth, take in some fresh air then retrohale. Its will mild down the smoke a little and I think it helps some of the flavors to come out.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Have tried it..hated it so I'll stick to regular smoking. Some of the guys at the B&M do it all the time. I just don't like smoke going up my nose.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'll do it often more so with better cigars, NCs not so much but I really have cut back on the NCs, with some of the more mild / medium CCs I do it quite a bit, anything like a Davi or Dunhill or Cab... any of those "oh my" cigars, I do with every puff it just adds to not only the subtle notes of the cigar but the experience and overall relaxation factor for me.

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I used to have a buddy that whenever he saw us smoking without retrohaling he'd say "If you don't retrohale the bitch, you can't taste the bitch." it cracked me up because he would get truly upset. Lmao!