What's new

Review Contest Cigar 2!!!!!!

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
You know what they say about the best and worst cigars you've ever had...

I'm disappointed, though. I was dead set on this being a main line DPG. I knew it wasn't the Black (spice didn't hold long enough) or the Blue (Blues don't have the big spice) so I thought it was the JJ. I didn't realize that the El Centurion was so much like the rest of the line. I've always said, though, that the El Centurion was a cleaner tasting cigar than the rest of the line and I think it's more true now!

Altercall

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
That's funny Bill, I've smoked through over a box of El Centurion's already and I completely disagree. The Robustos seem to develop into a more flavorful ending. The Torpedoes do much the same thing. The Toro's, though, are too long for the blend. Every time I smoke one, it seems like they don't develop to that ending. Maybe I get used to the flavor in that extra inch and I'm not able to taste the build at the end, but I don't enjoy the Toro nearly as much. Different strokes for different folks.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
I Still say that they all need more time in that line. I liked the cigar, but was shocked that it di not have the usual Pepin Twang!!!! Im still gunna smoke more of these.. hehe. And by my rating of 89

Benzopyrene

BoM June 08
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
well Dprice found a box of em for like $156 which is a pretty incredible price on these things. If you are into them then its probably the way to go. Cheers!

Altercall

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
BTW, I'm glad I didn't take that bet.

Luke, you look like you need some sleep.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
:hammersma Man this is a surprise to me. While this cigar was great I do not remember the El Cens i bought a while back being this dark or being this twangy. It was a creamy smooth smoke for me the first few times. I guess I will revist the one I left soon. I looked at the one I have left and I swear it is several shades lighter than the one I smoked for this contest. I have only previously smoked the torpedo shape. However it was a great smoke and I am not surprised that a great smoke came from DPG.