What's new

Review Contest Cigar 3!!!!!!

Benzopyrene

BoM June 08
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Yes, 1 came and you were not so impressed, then there was 2 which impressed but is still unknown to most of you, and now we shall begin 3. So let the smoking begin. Gentlemen, you have 2 weeks! Cheers!

Benzopyrene

BoM June 08
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Anybody smoke this one yet????:bigeyes: Im dont know if you guys are going to like this one as much, but who knows maybe Ill be surprised.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I've liked 'em both so far, and I'm not anticipating disappointment on this one either. But it will be a few days before I find out. Teaching is crazy right now. We've got some big tests to gear the kids up for and then we'll have spring break. I'm thinking I'll have to smoke as much as I can on spring break!

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Not yet, but since the garage is now a mna cave with TV, I'll be on it soon, maybe tonight, and I'll be the first review for a change.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Appearance: 13/15
Good looking smoke to say the least. There were some veins, but a smooth wrapper otherwise

Draw:8/10
Twas a little tight for my liking, but was not like sucking a milkshake through a bar straw. I just think it could have been a little easier.

Ash: 9/10
The ash held on for quite a while. Since my new man cave is being shared with the kids during the day, I was told to be careful with my ash, so I did not wait for it to fall. The ash only had a couple of small flakes come off before I tapped it. A shade of light grey made this a very good looking smoke with an inch of ash on it.

Burn: 8/10
Very nice in this dept. Started off a little wavy, but corrected it self within the first half inch. By the time it got down to the last quarter the wrapper started to lift from the binder, so I used the torch for a quick touch up.

Smoke: 8/10
Could have had a little more smoke per draw, but what I did get was thick and white. This was not disappointing by any stretch. My exhaust fan had no problem clearing the room.

Flavor: 20/20

This flavor is why I love cigars. Slight spice, but the woody leathery tastes really abound after an inch or so, and hold strong through out. This puppy had my mouth watering for more after every draw.

Uniqueness: 9/10
I continue to be unclear on this category, but here goes. Great full bodied flavor made this very enjoyable and with a glass of Cab made it even better. This cigar stands out among others I have smoked based on it’s flavor profile. This could be because I may not have smoked as many cigars from the country of this cigars origin. Wink wink…just a guess. Also unique in the sense that it kicked my ass.

Finish: 13/15

I might have had more notes on the finish if I wasn’t lying on the floor of my garage with my head spinning. As I had only had 2 glasses of wine, I do not think it was the vino that did this. F me this thing kicks. I would place this as a cigar for experienced smokers only. I have some friends that would have most certainly gotten sick from something this strong. I hope I don’t sound like a puss when some one else says it was too light for their liking. All in all great smoke, but I need more nicotine practice to handle this again.

Overall Score: 88

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Wow, nice review Dave. I am now psych'd. I like a strong smoke. Can't wait to get it down.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Hey WTF guys? I'm the biggest procrastinator in the world, and I smoked mine last week. let me see how far off I am now that I wasn't able to read anyone's review before I wrote mine.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
A backyard cookout gave me the perfect occasion to smoke this cigar yesterday. Again, I find it interesting how rarely I smoke alone and how often I find company to smoke with, even if it means providing the cigars. Anyway, my buddies fired up the grill and cooked some ribs while I sat back and puffed away. There's hardly a better way to spend a spring afternoon.

Appearance: 15/15
The stick was beautiful. A longer stick with a small ring gauge, its medium-brown leaves were rolled to perfection. It was smooth to the touch and smelled heavenly. As appearance often foreshadows quality, I thought I was in for a real treat.

Draw: 4/10
The draw began very tight and never loosened up, despite my repeated attempts to make the thing smoke right. I had to cut the cigar 3 different times before I smoked it, each time trying to get any air at all through it. As a result, the cut had to be further in than I'd like.

Smoke: 6/10
Due to the tight draw and the (soon-to-be-discussed) bad burn, there wasn't much smoke at all. Whatever smoke did find its way out ended up being very white and quite enjoyable, but there wasn't enough of it.

Ash: 6/10
Hung on well, but had shades of gray and brown throughout. Did not look particularly pretty.

Burn: 3/10
The burn was uneven throughout most of the stick, and it completely went out on me twice. I was smoking consistently, and all of a sudden it just stopped burning. For anyone who has experienced this, you know just how bad a cigar tastes when you try to get a puff of it and it's gone out. In case you haven't had that "pleasure", make sure you don't. It's revolting.

Flavor: 16/20
The cigar will make up some points in this category. The flavors that came through, even with a bad draw a bad burn, were spicy and woody. It was a smooth smoke with smooth flavor. I can't really break the stick down into thirds because I put it down about halfway through, when it went out on me for the second time.

Finish: 5/15
My score for the finish of this cigar will be artificially low because the last puffs I had were from when it stopped burning the second time. I tossed the stick and was left with a rancid taste in my mouth. Fortunately, beer and ribs were nearby and a bit of gluttony took care of the problem.

Uniqueness: 7/10
I'll give the stick a high uniqueness score because I haven't ever had a stick with so many problems that managed to get some flavor to show through. To me, it seemed like a mild-to-medium cigar, but that probably has something to do with the way I couldn't get much smoke out of it.

Final Thoughts
Jay, I think I got the cigar Benzo meant to send to you. :rofl: Just kiddin' though. I really know very little about this cigar, as I didn't have the best smoking experience with it. I'm hoping I got a dud and that the other guys enjoy their sticks and get their reviews up soon so I can find out what I missed this time.

Final Score: 62