What's new

Review Contest deux Cigar 1!!!!!!

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Sorry for the late review: I hope this one counts, since Ijust finished it:

The cigar smoked great. It had a great aroma and smoke filled my mouth every time to took a draw. The draw was a little deliberate, just the way I like a well rolled cigar. I thought that the ash was a little brittle since it didn't stay on as long as I would have expected, but the burn for the most part was flawless. As for taste (coming for a man with little to no palate) I was pulling some sweet accents, but had a core of grassy/hay. I thought it was a nice smoke with the congac that I was drinking and while my father and I sat on the back porch smoking I could not have asked for a better cigar.

Appearance - 15
Ash - 7
Draw - 10
Burn - 9
Flavor - 19
Unique-7
Smoke - 9
Finish - 15

Overall: 91

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I thought it was a cc based on appearance, but the taste didn't really suggest it being a Bolivar. I think that it will be a much better cigar in the upcoming years:thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I totally thought that was a SLR Double Corona. I agree with Rob it doesn't have that "Bolivar" flavor. Totally fooled me.
I haven't tried an SLR or a Bolivar (besides this one). I was just pleased to be able to recognize the taste of a CC. All of the Habanos I've smoked before this have been labeled, so wasn't sure if I could really distinguish the Cuban twang in an unlabeled cigar.

WhiteLightning

This is WhiteLightning!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Something was telling me that it might have been a CC, but I just wasn't sure. Glad to hear a lot of people enjoyed this one. All the reviews were great.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
The Bolivar Double Corona Regional Edition to the Middle East 2007

Now the real question I have is... Did any of you guys know what it was? Really???:stretchgr
Nope, that wasn't my guess (I thought it was a Lusi) Hell to be honest I didn't even THINK about ELs and REs when contemplating what it might be...although it was obvious that it was a CC.

I enjoyed that cigar very, very much. The flavor profile was right up my alley...although I admit I'd have never pegged it as a Boli due to it having a lighter, more delicate flavor than most Bolis.

Thanks for putting that one in there; I can't imagine I'm going to like any of the remaining 5 as much as I liked that one tho!

Benzopyrene

BoM June 08
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
I agree. The reason I picked this cigar was due to its unique non-bolivar like flavors I had when I smoked it the first time. However I must admit this one was more along the bolivar line for me that the first one I smoked. Both were excellent. Alright guys glad you liked it. Now for Stogie #2

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
You guys are off to a great start. Aside from a rare cigar, we have Asher using the Vorra ash tray for his pictures, Electric Sheep with great format and a very visually pleasing review, and Whitlightnig with the In the car review pics. Nicely done, I am keeping score.