What's new

Ribs....

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
were slathered in yellow mustard, then covered with spices and brown sugar. Sat overnite in fridge. At noon, they will go in the gas grill. Indirect heat, 225 degrees. 3-2-1 method. Foil pouches of hickory to provide some smoke. will wait and see how my first batch of gas grill ribs turns out.

Josh.CHI

The Dude abides
Rating - 81.8%
10   2   0
were slathered in yellow mustard, then covered with spices and brown sugar. Sat overnite in fridge. At noon, they will go in the gas grill. Indirect heat, 225 degrees. 3-2-1 method. Foil pouches of hickory to provide some smoke. will wait and see how my first batch of gas grill ribs turns out.

one word.... WOW

:drool:

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
i have made a lot of ribs on my smoker, but i decided not too take it with me when i moved. i have been checking out all kinds of gas grill recipes, so i am pretty confident that they will turn out good. when i build my outdoor kitchen, i will either get a green egg, or just take the easy way out and get a big electric smoker.

Rating - 100%
104   0   0
I'm a total smoker / charcoal snob here Ron. I've never been into gas grilling at all.

Let me know how they turn out. The Weber Smokey Mountain is hard to beat, althought the Green Egg is out of my price market!

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Nice looking ribs Ron. Probably dumb question but "3-2-1 method"?

Let me know how they turn out. The Weber Smokey Mountain is hard to beat, althought the Green Egg is out of my price market!
Been wanting to mess with a smoker, maybe I'll check out the Weber. I was previously looking at this electric smoker from QVC.

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.aol_refer.false.tpl.detail.msn_refer.false.item.K6268.ref.GBA?cm_ven=GOOGLEBASE&cm_cat=Cooking &cm_pla=Kitchen Electrics&cm_ite=K6268#reviews

openendstraight

Grand Corona
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
If you are doing this on a gas grill just remember when you make the hickory pouches use a 50/50 pouch. That is 50% dry chips and 50% chips that have been soaked in water. You should need 3 to 4 pouches.

Sometimes I use Jack Daniels instead of water to soak the chips. More for the smell than anything else.

Just my $.02

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
If you are doing this on a gas grill just remember when you make the hickory pouches use a 50/50 pouch. That is 50% dry chips and 50% chips that have been soaked in water. You should need 3 to 4 pouches.

Sometimes I use Jack Daniels instead of water to soak the chips. More for the smell than anything else.

Just my $.02
i've heard that greg uses that method. then eats the chips as a snack!!!

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I'm a total smoker / charcoal snob here Ron. I've never been into gas grilling at all.

i used to be a charcoal grill and Weber coal and wood smoker snob myself. as i get older, i just want the easy way out.

cooking ribs and shoulder used to be a 24 hour event for me. i just dont have the time right now.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0

Just my $.02
I am trying just 1 big pouch on this try. 3 hour cook. then wrapped in foil for 1 hour, then unwrapped for another hour. so now its the 3-1-1 method

Rating - 100%
104   0   0
i used to be a charcoal grill and Weber coal and wood smoker snob myself. as i get older, i just want the easy way out.

cooking ribs and shoulder used to be a 24 hour event for me. i just dont have the time right now.

Amen to that Ron...

I usually start my ribs at 6:30 am, and sometime around 3-4pm that afternoon, they're done. You're right though, you need plenty of time

"Low and Slow" !!

Josh.CHI

The Dude abides
Rating - 81.8%
10   2   0

My dad went to gas cause it was easy also. That lasted about 4 years. Hey went out and got a huge coal grill just about 2 weeks ago. Ron....when you leave the caol...you will miss it

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
ok, ribs are taken off the grill after 3 hours. now covered with honey, and wrapped in foil with apple juice in the foil pouch. 2 hours in the foil.