What's new

Ribs....

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
i used to be a charcoal grill and Weber coal and wood smoker snob myself. as i get older, i just want the easy way out.

cooking ribs and shoulder used to be a 24 hour event for me. i just dont have the time right now.
I hear you. Got a cast iron smoker box for the grill. Works great. No more foil

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
i took them off at 5:30. so 5.5 hour cook time. they were AWESOME. Honestly, no need for a smoker. i have been smoking ribs for about 4 years now, and honestly, i have never had better.

cigarguy71

BIG JIM
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
They look great i love the fact that you dont boil them first. I have meet a lot of people up here that swear by it. I cant stand them that way i like my ribs to have a little snap the southern way!

avid toker

Regulator
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I've got a big gas Weber Stainless with built-in smoker box, an electric smoker and a Big Green Egg (yeah, I'm serious about my BBQ) and I find I'm starting to take the easy way out. I'm using the gas grill a lot and it's not such a bad product. The Big Green Egg is still the way to go...

openendstraight

Grand Corona
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
They look great i love the fact that you dont boil them first. I have meet a lot of people up here that swear by it. I cant stand them that way i like my ribs to have a little snap the southern way!
Boiling ribs is a Yankee thing..

in the south we just slow smoke them

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
were slathered in yellow mustard, then covered with spices and brown sugar. Sat overnite in fridge. At noon, they will go in the gas grill. Indirect heat, 225 degrees. 3-2-1 method. Foil pouches of hickory to provide some smoke. will wait and see how my first batch of gas grill ribs turns out.

I'm a total smoker / charcoal snob here Ron. I've never been into gas grilling at all.

Let me know how they turn out. The Weber Smokey Mountain is hard to beat, althought the Green Egg is out of my price market!
I grew up with wood and charcoal as a kid but I live in New England now. I have done this method, wood chips on a gas grill and they work pretty good. I had a nice smoke ring forming on my ribs last time, I need to get some going this weekend.

And the look great Ron!