What's new

Roach-klip: Tatuaje TAA

kockroach

BoM August 2010/2011
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
It's been a little bit since I posted a review, so I thought I would share my experience with one of the newest cigars from Tatuaje....the TAA. This cigar was only available from members of the Tobacconists Association of America that had attended the convention in Mexico this year and had signed up to carry it.

The cigar features a Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper, and Pete has said that this cigar is similar to the brown label blend. It is 5 5/8 x 54, and had a covered foot. There are 20 cigars to a box, and they are wet-packed.

Pre-light, the TAA is leafy, with some strong pepper. Upon lighting the covered foot, the first third offers strong pepper in the first half-inch, which calms down, but doesn't disappear in the first third. Cocoa, with bits of leather, rounds out the flavor. The burn produces a good amount of smoke, a fairly white ash, and a slightly off burn line (most likely since I had smoked this right when I got em).

Moving into the middle third, the flavor is now primarily leathery, with bits of cocoa mixed within. Subtle pepper burns at the tip of my tongue. The burn is fairly straight, and the ash is pretty solid. I was pretty into the cigar, such that I was a little late capturing the next picture.

The end of the TAA offered up a nice balance of leather and cocoa. In the background, there was bits of spice and pepper providing a little punch. I did notice a little hint of ammonia in this one (didn't in another that I smoked a week later). The burn continued to run pretty straight, while the ash was a little dirtier toward the end.

I really enjoyed this cigar, and would definitely recommend them. I cannot wait to see how these age over time. Overall burn time was just over 90 minutes.

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Excellent review. I smoked 2 ROTT so far and my experience is the same. Really liked this one.

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
Nice review man... I did notice a bit of a tea taste in the final third but experienced a similar taste profile in the 1st and 2nd part of the sticks as you mentioned... only smoked 1 so far though. thank you for posting some interesting reading material.

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Thanks for another fine review Jere. Thought the TAA was an excellent cigar as well(Thanks Jdog). That pepper blast was huge!

Nice review man... I did notice a bit of a tea taste in the final third but experienced a similar taste profile in the 1st and 2nd part of the sticks as you mentioned... only smoked 1 so far though. thank you for posting some interesting reading material.
I got that as well. Also a brief mint taste.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Excellent smoke, and if you haven't tried it... I'd be willing to bet that you will have a good smoking experience with this stick. I'm always kinda wary when it comes to TAA sticks, don't misunderstand me, they are usually good quality sticks, but nothing to write home about. Padron TAA, excellent stick, but nothing that stands out from others in his Anniversary series. Rocky Patel TAA, it's a good stick, but not a wow stick. The Ashton TAA was a close second, but the Tatuaje TAA in my mind blew the bell curve this year.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Great review, Jere, thanks man! If this is cut from a similar cloth as the Pork Tenderloin and Barclay-Rex 100th, then I'm all over it. So far the reviews seem to indicate that, while perhaps not quite as mind-blowing as those two, it's in the same family. Good enough for me! I've got a 5er coming, so I'll report my findings as well.

I'm very excited that this is a larger LE release ... 1500 boxes instead of 200-300!

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I very well may be in the minority here, and that's ok...but reading this review, I can't help but think "2nd verse, same as the first". Only by second verse, I mean like sixth or seventh.

Glad folks are enjoying em though, but nothing in the flavor profile described sounds unique or remotely interesting to me. The fact they're wetpacked I spose is a differentiating factor at least.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Great review, Jere, thanks man! If this is cut from a similar cloth as the Pork Tenderloin and Barclay-Rex 100th, then I'm all over it. So far the reviews seem to indicate that, while perhaps not quite as mind-blowing as those two, it's in the same family. Good enough for me!
Kinda what I was getting at too Nate...only clearly I came to a different conclusion...lol.