What's new

Roach-klip: Tatuaje TAA

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I liked the one I was gifted (from Jdog) as well. I think they need six months more to be fully appreciated. Very well balanced with just a hint of youth still to it. The 3rd finished off very nicely with notes of a minty tea with that broady sweetnesss.

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
I liked the one I was gifted (from Jdog) as well. I think they need six months more to be fully appreciated. Very well balanced with just a hint of youth still to it. The 3rd finished off very nicely with notes of a minty tea with that broady sweetnesss.
W.B. said he got some mint with the tea taste... I need to smoke it again to see if I get that mint part... glad you enjoyed it.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I very well may be in the minority here, and that's ok...but reading this review, I can't help but think "2nd verse, same as the first". Only by second verse, I mean like sixth or seventh.

Glad folks are enjoying em though, but nothing in the flavor profile described sounds unique or remotely interesting to me. The fact they're wetpacked I spose is a differentiating factor at least.
You could always just smoke one and see for yourself.

I think Jere did a great job as usual with the review, having smoked several of them I found it to be spot on. I didn't look at any gimmick with this cigar like it being box pressed, or a different size, or wet-packed, or even take in consideration any tat hype.... just smoked what to me was a very good full bodied cigar that shows a lot of aging potential as well. One of the "cool" things to me was the fact that Pete did this cigar to support an organization of tobacco retailers, which on it's own merit is worth something to me.

Bottom line is there will always be hype and there will always be hate it seems when it comes to companies that do a lot of LE or small run cigars and the best way to decide for yourself is to give it a try, and if it doesn't appeal to you then so be it. Once again, great review Jere!

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
You could always just smoke one and see for yourself.

I think Jere did a great job as usual with the review...

One of the "cool" things to me was the fact that Pete did this cigar to support an organization of tobacco retailers, which on it's own merit is worth something to me.
I just may do that at some point Craig..but I guess what I was getting at, is I kinda have already smoked this cigar (at least based on the review)...and many times at that.

And please don't misconstrue my words....I'm not taking anything away from Jere's review, as they're always great.....nor from Pete for supporting tobacco retailers....that's great as well, and makes perfect sense for him to do so.

I guess w/ these LE's they just seem to all be in the exact same wheelhouse (to include the stuff coming from the Garcias), and therefore not too much to get excited about to keep the proverbial hype wheel turning, and that's JMO of course, nobody elses. I guess some of us just make the decision, for whatever the reason, to jump off the "it's new & shiny, I gotta have it" wagon at some point. Maybe that's what's happened w/ me..:dunno:

But I will concede that if it's good for the retailers, then it's good for the industry, and there's significant value in that. And Lord knows there's more than enough new folks comin' in to make up the difference for the been there done that crowd.

aquarich

BoM March '11
Rating - 100%
205   0   0
I was also gifted this cigar by JDog. I really enjoyed this stick, even though I was fighting through allergies. I made the same comment as Jfire, believing that in 6 months, this cigar will be that much better. Thanks for the review, Jere

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
KPP, the hype wagon does get old, I fell off many releases ago and took more of a "I'll try it if I can" than a "I have to have it". Sure, there are still some things I want to try more than others, but the "thrill" of the chase lost it's luster a few years ago for me. The way this cigar was billed, in the brown label/B-Rex vein was pretty spot on from day one. It was never a game changing cigar so I didn't expect it to be. From the few I have had it was definitely in that Regios Reserva/B-Rex/Tenderloin wheelhouse and I can't find any of those anymore without searching the second hand market.

I don't want to take away from Jere's great review, this may not be a must have cigar for some and for some it will be. I don't think anyone who likes the fuller bodied Tatuaje's will be disappointed with this one. And with a bigger production run than some of the LE's, most people will be able to try it and decide without having to buy a box and hoping they are good.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
The way this cigar was billed, in the brown label/B-Rex vein was pretty spot on from day one. It was never a game changing cigar so I didn't expect it to be. From the few I have had it was definitely in that Regios Reserva/B-Rex/Tenderloin wheelhouse and I can't find any of those anymore without searching the second hand market.

I don't want to take away from Jere's great review, this may not be a must have cigar for some and for some it will be. I don't think anyone who likes the fuller bodied Tatuaje's will be disappointed with this one. And with a bigger production run than some of the LE's, most people will be able to try it and decide without having to buy a box and hoping they are good.

And those are words and insight that I both can appreciate and agree with Craig. Thanks for offerin' the flip side of the coin, as I do know there are lots out there who haven't had the opportunity to try several of the cigars you mention there (which happen to be a few of the ones I was thinking of when making my earlier posts).

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Giving one of these a try now... Notes echo Jere's but I picked up a bit of sweetness, almost berry-like, on top of the cocoa. Like raspberry cocoa.

Not a huge Nic fan, even though I give Tat and Viaje a fair shake, but if you like Nic sticks, this should age very nicely.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Giving one of these a try now... Notes echo Jere's but I picked up a bit of sweetness, almost berry-like, on top of the cocoa. Like raspberry cocoa.

Not a huge Nic fan, even though I give Tat and Viaje a fair shake, but if you like Nic sticks, this should age very nicely.
I got that raspberry-like sweetness from the My Father LB1922 "Puff 'n' Stuff" Corona Gorda. That one is very strong, though, whereas the Tat TAA seems more medium-full based on what people are saying.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Thanks for the review!

I have only had one, but I really enjoyed it.

If I'm not mistaken, Pete said the TAA would taste similar to the Pork Tenderloin and the Barclay Rex. I noticed similarities, but the CBL wrapper added an element of sweetness that really made this a great cigar.

Some of the B Rex's I've had have been slightly harsh....The TAA seemed smoother.