What's new

rockets or real

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
ok. members of group 2 have all smoked stick number 2. so, without further ado, the real identity of #2 is..................................the lfd dl especiales oscuro natural!!!

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
ok. members of group 2 have all smoked stick number 2. so, without further ado, the real identity of #2 is..................................the lfd dl especiales oscuro natural!!!
That would explain the citrus...I always get some citrus note in LFD's.

So far so good, Bob....Thanks for doing this :)

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Sorry for the delay. I smoked my last cigar a couple of days ago and have my notes and pictures, but haven't had time to upload them yet. It's been a crazy busy week, but I'm going to try to get it done tonight or in the morning since I have tomorrow off.

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Well brothers after a tough week I finally have the time to enjoy and review the last stick in my group. I will not be including pics as this was an ugly day for photos along with the fact that I have a sub par camera made the decision that much easier.The dark oily Torpedo measures 6 1/2 with a ring gauge of 48. It has a few large veins on one side of the stick but only one tiny sun spot. The construction looks solid with no soft spots and good uniformity in both color and build.
I used my v-cutter as it is my favorite tool for cutting torpedoes. IMO this type of cutter and cigar are made for each other. The pre-light draw tasts very much like clove and wet hay. That may sound odd but tt's the best way I can describe the smell. As per my usual tradition I light up using a match. She gets going right away with no issues. From the beginning I get a sweet tobacco flavor with dark chocolate and dried out cinnamon sticks. This is a good thing! The burn is a little funny but nothing too bad. Not a lot of smoke however the smoke that is present is very flavorful.
The second third of the smoke adds the taste of toasted pecan and a smell that I can only describe as spiced incense to go with the rest of the flavors. Now the stick is producing more smoke and the burn is pretty much spot on. I am really enjoying this stick!
The final third brings a surprising amount of smoke. It's a good thing because the stick is starting to burn a bit hot. I figure it's because I am puffing a little too fast so I slow my progress and look to enjoy the last of the smoke. The sweetness is accompanied now by a peppery taste and a hint of spice. The pecan has turned into a nutty flavor that I cannot place but am enjoying very much. The end of the stick transformed into a pure tobacco flavor much like an AF. I would have nubbed it but the smoke was just too hot and I had been smoking for two hours flat when I decided to let it burn out.
This stick was great from start to finish! It had many of the characteristics that I enjoy from a maduro including that sweetness and cocoa taste that happen to be what I look for. I would not be surprised at all if this stick went for 10-12 bucks a stick but I would look to pay less. This is definitely up my alley and if I found that a box would fit into my cigar budget I would definitely pick one up. I would pick up a 5er in a heartbeat!
Thanks for the experience Bob I learned a great deal including the fact that those ligeros are not to be disrespected or taken lightly!:thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I'm anxious to learn what the last stick is in my group! It hit the spot. Still if I had to chose I would go with #3. It's probably going to be great after some rest.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
It has been nothing but rain here... literally every damn day. As soon as I get a nice day I'll smoke Cigar No. 4 from Round 2.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
So sorry to lag here, boys.

I have a terrible cold and cough, and have lost my voice.

**Please feel free to move on with revealing cigar #3 group 2 if you want**

I can either review it later, or just sit out for #3.

So sorry, guys.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Smoking Group 2 #4 now.

Just started. Right out of the gate I am convinced this is a habano. The look and feel of this cigar is a dark reddish brown with some stretching in the wrapper. The first few puffs remind me of sweet cedar with some hints of sugarcane and a hint of dark fruit. Subtle spice through the nose. The cigar has no 'press' to it, which narrows this down to a handful of habanos (this is a classic robusto)... I'm thinking PSD4 right now, based on flavor and the appearance of the cigar... lets hope I'm right!

I'll report in as I continue to burn this sucker...

EDIT: here is a picture..

EDIT: The cigar is still very woody with hints of spice and sweetness. medium/full with some decently thick smoke.

EDIT: Hitting the final third, this thing is great. Some hints of Vanilla with a great woody backbone. Hints of green here and there, but nothing too terrible.

EDIT: just got some great aroma of graham and cinnamon.

EDIT: got some nice nuttiness on the finish of this cigar.

Solid 92/100 - guess PSD4

Attachments

Last edited:

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Got the last one done.
Group 2, stick 4.
Light brown, reddish wrapper. It is approximately 5.25x52. This thing looks PERFECT. It is packed perfectly, and has a gorgeous triple cap. There is some slight fraying at the foot, but won't be an issue. The foot smells of barnyard and rich tobacco. The cap cut extremely cleanly. The draw is good, but a little on the tight side. The cold draw gives tobacco and a slight floral/teaish note.

It lit up shockingly quick. The draw is now good. Smoke output is good, not great

1/3: An initial brief taste of raisins, then lots of floral. There is not much of a finish, and the flavors are pretty faint. Spice comes through the nose. Burn is good, and ash is falling off in 1 inch chunks. The smoke output increases after the first ash.
Nearing the end of the first third, there is a "tangy" flavor coming through. It is hard to describe. That is followed by a little citrus, similar to that of a tangerine.
2/3:
Nothing new, except with a little coffee on the finish. And the burn has gone to shit, my Ronson is earning its keep today. Flavors are still faint. It reminds me of gum that has been chewed for a long time... the flavors are there - just very subtle.
Final third:
Nothing new. My sinus is on fire, I'm not thrilled.

Final thoughts: This stick was nothing like anything I've smoked before. Prior to lighting, I would have guessed this was something like a custom rolled farm cigar. After smoking it, I would say it's closer to the other end of the spectrum. It was vaguely similar to a Perdomo Grand Cru I smoked before, but it's definitely not that. I don't have the slightest clue what this is, but I don't really have a desire to find another one. If you like a mild smoke with lots of floral flavors, then this might be a good choice for you.