What's new

Rocky & Gurkha Does Anyone Like Them?

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I think the title pretty much says it all. Does anyone actually like & enjoy smoking a Rocky Patel & Gurkha sticks?

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Well, I like the Gurkha Blue Steel quite a bit but nothing else has really stood out. I quit smoking RP after I saw they dyed their cigars.

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
been trying to seel a box for RP summer 2009 toros for half price for months now and no takers so at least for that stick, nope

jwyatt55

Not the mad fladder!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I have smoked a few Gurkhas and will not give them a chance again. Too many blends to try and dig through to find a winner.

For RP I enjoyed the Vintage line years ago but feel that the blend has changed (or my palate). The last time I gave the 92 a go six months ago it had a horrible metallic taste. I do have a few Decades that I still smoke on a rare occasion.

Oddly enough my local B&M carries a ton of both. The owner tells me that they sell like hot cakes and can not sell other stuff. He is constantly putting some quality sticks on sale because the local clients pass. Works out great for me!

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
yes to both. not all the lines, but a number of them. I'm also not alone here--this forum has a tendency to look down on anything other than a select few manufacturers, but many of us smoke a wider variety.

Liteumup

CRA Member #202832
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
My buddy LOVES the Gurhkas........He likes the fuller bodied blends- Titan, triple Ligero etc.............He was pissed when his father in law took his "Ganghas Kahn" w/o permission.

On the other hand I laughed out loud when I read the CI sppof press release that Gurhka nad RP were in a race to be the first w/ a million blends

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I actually like the RP 1961. I'll occasionally smoke a Vintage 90 or 92. There are a couple of Gurkha that I've tried that were ok. I liked the Regent Nepalese Warrior I tried. None of the others really did anything for me. It seems that if you have a thousand lines, you should at least hit on a few.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
yes to both. not all the lines, but a number of them. I'm also not alone here--this forum has a tendency to look down on anything other than a select few manufacturers, but many of us smoke a wider variety.
Im with njstone Too many elitist mentalities. Gurkha and Rocky put out some good sticks. Not all of them, but some.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
been trying to seel a box for RP summer 2009 toros for half price for months now and no takers so at least for that stick, nope
I know, and it's killin me, I would acctually smoke those, but I've just got other commitments at the moment.

As far as the original question goes..YES

The Grukah Legend, the Centurion XXX, and the ancient warrior were all cigars i smoked and enjoied in the past.

I think the RP vintage line are decent, as will and the winter and summer blends. I will never smoke another RP maduro stick dude tot he dye factor, but a few are alright

Now would I rather be smoking a Cabiguan Guapo, or an Opus, or a .......

YEAH, but not every occasion where I want a cigar warrants me lighting up a $10 stick.

BTW I never pay pull price for any of these cigars.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I've never had a Gurhka!

As far as RP's... I have had some mini-cigars. Not too terrible. I have a couple sitting in my humi that I was gifted. Haven't gotten to them, yet.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Of the Rocky's I have only smoked a Vintage 1990, and overall not to bad in my opinion. And of the Gurkha's I have smoked a Titan I and it was a decent smoke, but I would want to try more of the blends to see what else they had.

Hey Funkejj I will gladly take those Gurkhas off your hands if you really dont want them.....:agreesmil

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
OK, I'll bite. I smoke these on occasion.

On RP, I like the Vintage 1990/92 and I'm working my way through a partial box of the 2008 Summer Blend. The Decade and the ITC lines are OK.

On Gurkha, I've enjoyed the Centurian, Legend and Symphony lines, but have only bought through Cbid when a low ball bid has won. (Same with RP.)

Both of these mfgs seem to want to be the Baskin-Robbins of the cigar world.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
It's funny because some had several of these sticks in their humi before they realized it wasn't "cool" to smoke them. Over X-Mas my dads buddy handed me an RP Decade and I nubbed that sucker with a few glasses of Cognac! Not a bad smoke but the company was great! There are many sticks that I prefer more than RP's but there are a few RP's I would smoke(CT's, Vintage 90&92). I haven't had a Gurhka that I liked yet and won't bother digging through the various lines to find one.

Smoke what you like I say

funkejj

BoM December 09
Rating - 100%
255   0   0
Of the Rocky's I have only smoked a Vintage 1990, and overall not to bad in my opinion. And of the Gurkha's I have smoked a Titan I and it was a decent smoke, but I would want to try more of the blends to see what else they had.

Hey Funkejj I will gladly take those Gurkhas off your hands if you really dont want them.....:agreesmil
Aaron Consider it done will go out Friday morning

sgresso

Long hair Dork
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I still smoke them so yep I am the weird one. I know I still got a few gurhkas and rps stashed in the humi for later on.