What's new

Rocky Mountain Cigar Festival 2012

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Maybe we could make a list of BOTL going to the cigar festival.
1. JD
2. Thatrev
3. burnin_brass (nate)
4. Veeref (Randy)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Damn! Someone shit in my wheaties!

So, I just went to eventbrite to buy my ticket but there are no more General Admission tickets available. It doesn't appear that they sold out. They are just listed as N/A. That's what I get for waiting to see if there would be any last minute deals. I guess maybe they were pulled because it takes quite a bit of planning to throw a party for 1500 or so cigar smokers (wish i would have realized that sooner rather than later).

For those that have gone in past years, did they sell any GA tickets at the door?

I guess my options are
1 - buy a social ticket, attend the fest and the herf. For $35 you get 6 drink tasters, a souvenir glass, and unlimited food. I'd still get to see what the festival is all about.
2 - Skip the festival, pick up an additional shift at work (never a bad idea), and go to the herf and maybe Cigars's on 6th tonight.

For botl that have been to the fest before, do you think the social ticket is worth it? I could just spend that $35 on some cigars. Part of the allure of the festival for me, as someone new to cigars, was getting a variety of cigars to explore. The other part was just to hang with some fellow botl which I can do at the herf.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe we could make a list of BOTL going to the cigar festival.
1. JD
2. Thatrev
3. burnin_brass (nate)
4. Veeref (Randy)
5. KH and my little cigar smoking Whiskey Girl. Look for 6'4" ugly dude with salt n pepper hair in a Hawaiian shirt with a cute brunette girlfriend and black pelican briefcase (herf-ador) with my initials on it.

Doing the dinner train tonight. Tomorrow RMCF and then 6th street herf with JD.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SCORE! Tickets are available on eventbrite again. Just got my ticket. I'll be at the rmcf and the mega-herf tomorrow.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sounds great.

Another thing if you are going- they are doing the cigars for warriors right next to the Drew Estate booth. Bring some to the troops, or else JD threatened punishment. :assaultri

I will pm you guys with me cell, and you can text me at the fest so we can find each other. -Danny

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Sounds great.

Another thing if you are going- they are doing the cigars for warriors right next to the Drew Estate booth. Bring some to the troops, or else JD threatened punishment. :assaultri

I will pm you guys with me cell, and you can text me at the fest so we can find each other. -Danny
Thanks for the reminder. I'll definitely bring some sticks for the troops.

Randy

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds great.

I PM'ed you my cell. Saw that just before I left and grabbed a fistful of sticks for the troops. My new loin avatar was found on the Coors brewery tour yesterday. First time I've done that tour since 1984.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
i'll be at the HERF!

Damn! Someone shit in my wheaties!

So, I just went to eventbrite to buy my ticket but there are no more General Admission tickets available. It doesn't appear that they sold out. They are just listed as N/A. That's what I get for waiting to see if there would be any last minute deals. I guess maybe they were pulled because it takes quite a bit of planning to throw a party for 1500 or so cigar smokers (wish i would have realized that sooner rather than later).

For those that have gone in past years, did they sell any GA tickets at the door?

I guess my options are
1 - buy a social ticket, attend the fest and the herf. For $35 you get 6 drink tasters, a souvenir glass, and unlimited food. I'd still get to see what the festival is all about.
2 - Skip the festival, pick up an additional shift at work (never a bad idea), and go to the herf and maybe Cigars's on 6th tonight.

For botl that have been to the fest before, do you think the social ticket is worth it? I could just spend that $35 on some cigars. Part of the allure of the festival for me, as someone new to cigars, was getting a variety of cigars to explore. The other part was just to hang with some fellow botl which I can do at the herf.
From what I've heard, you need to have VIP tickets, or you aren't going to see/talk to many of the big names in the cigar industry like Jonathan Drew and "Dirty" Fabian. They are all usually in the VIP section and rarely venture out from there. Also, the 25+ cigars are mediocre, not premium. I heard last year they gave out an acid, which made the rest of the cigars taste like it.

The HERF tonight will be a hit tonight if you like Drew Estate. JD is an awesome guy and very passionate about his fans.

I've never attended, but paying $100+ for a ticket is a little too much for me. i rather go to the events held at local b&m's for free. Maybe that's just my broke-ass talking... haha

The GA tickets seem like a joke. Go to the HERF tonight and use that $35 to buy a sampler. JD has a bunch of surprises for tonight (from what he has said). "you don't want to miss it" he said.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No need to be VIP to talk with JD. They have their booth in the general area and JD's there holding court. Just spoke with him and had him sign my event box.

It was great meeting you JD.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
No need to be VIP to talk with JD. They have their booth in the general area and JD's there holding court. Just spoke with him and had him sign my event box.

I guess it changed from last year. If you don't mind me asking, what are the sticks?

B.stone - are you going to be at the HERF tonight?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I guess it changed from last year. If you don't mind me asking, what are the sticks?

B.stone - are you going to be at the HERF tonight?

We received UC Viva Corona and the Exec VIP received UF13 and a custom DE decorated cigar box.

Yes. I'll be at the herf tonight. Should be fun. Are you going ?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry I didn't get to meet up with some of you guys. My phone died slightly after noon, so the only person I found was Konrad. It was a great event. While the sticks for general admission did not blow your socks off, I really enjoyed it. If I can, I'll be there next year.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up going with a bud from work to the RMCF. I didn't even get a chance to say Hi to JD. Everytime I went by the DE booth, he was swamped. Met up with an old friend at Lazy Dog and then had to leave right about the time JD showed up. How was mega-herf after 11pm? Did I miss out on much?

Also, anyone know which Natural was in the 5 pack? It had a really prominant sugary sweetness to it. I want to add it to my list of what I've smoked but I lost the foot band. Really looking forward to trying the UZI out of that pack.

Maybe we should think about a local herf sometime soon. I'd love a chance to kick it and chill with some locals.