What's new

RoMa Craft Aquitaine Review - CoM Jan 2016 (Cigar of the Month)

IronW

Andrew
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Smoked the first one today, overall a very good stick. A review in short: the first third seemed fairly earthy with a creamy undertone. A nice sweet, woodiness came out in the second third and a touch of spice to finish. Though my palette is probably horrible.

That being said, it was a solid smoke and I will likely be keeping some on hand from now on.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0

I'm surprised there haven't been more reviews yet as we're nearing the end of the month. Hoping they come flooding in over the next week.

Wanted to give my sticks at least a little time to rest, so this is my first of the 5er I bought. It lit easy and is burning clean and straight.

Identifying flavors isn't my forte, but I am surprised how little spice I'm tasting and how creamy the smoke is - this is a huge plus for me as I find shoe quickly overpowers my ability to taste much of anything. It's not sweet, but very pleasant and full of flavor - maybe coffee and leather with some toasted nuts rolled in.

This is my first Roma cigar - will definitely be adding more to my collection. Also very interested to see how they age. I'll be setting one aside to try in July and another to try next January when it's got a year of rest on it.

~ Dale
Georgia, USA

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I was able to get out to the shed after work and fired up my Anthropology courtesy of @ckay
I usually try to just enjoy a cigar instead of identify flavors so I'm not the best reviewer. I got a lot of pepper in this one which I really like. It was smoked down to the nub before putting it down.
I would recommend this one to anyone. It is definitely worthy of a 5'er purchase if not a whole box.
This was fun and I'm looking forward to next month!

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
uploadfromtaptalk1453862697104.jpg

I was finally able to brave the Chicago cold and toast the Anthropology vitola today. While I've smoked quite a few aquitaines (usually the mode 5), this is my feeble attempt at a review. I've had this stick in my humi for about 3 or 4 months.

The cold draw was a bit tight, and had a pepper flavor.

Once toasted, there was a peppery flavor, but it was not as peppery as I would expect, especially after what I experienced from the cold draw. Also, there is a slight sweetness and nuttiness to it.

The middle third gets a bit more creamy. The construction is solid - I get through the first third and gently tap, but the ash refuses. It falls off when the wind knocks it of the ashtray. It gets a bit more peppery, and I notice a coffee-ish flavor.

Final third and the nub is roughly the same, tho a tad bit sweeter.

For those that care about bands/labels, RoMa Craft has an exceptional band. It might seem like a plain embossed band, but it is really a dual band. The brown portion is embossed with the line and also has the brand logo on it. The brown label is stacked on top of a white label that has some shiny images on it... an Easter egg of sorts.

uploadfromtaptalk1453863017469.jpg

The Aquitaine is my favorite line of RoMa Craft, and the low price makes it a great value, imho.

atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Roma Craft CroMagnon Aquitaine Anthropology (with thanks @CaptainRon)

Spice. Red pepper, chocolate, and cedar in the first third. One total relight necessary. Sweetness and some vegetal flavors. Earth notes.

2nd continued this way introducing a prune like flavor and losing some of the chocolate and sweetness. After this I kinda got distracted a bit (I need to stop playing mobile games while smoking).

The profile changed some as I remember but towards the 3rd it kinda reached its plateau.

It probably would help if I had some time to let it rest as I got it in the mail about a week before I lit it up. I do like the smoke and I love the way Cameroon is used in this blend, that goes for the CroMagnon as well. It was not as full compared to CroMagnon but still packs a punch. I like what Roma Craft is doing in the industry and the fruits that are seen by us consumers.

87/100

Sent from my SM-G900K using Tapatalk

nic

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Cigar: Roma Craft Aquitaine Anthropology
5 ¾ x 46 Grand Corona - $7.25 msrp - http://romacrafttobac.com/aquitaine.html

Chocolate brown and oily. Perfect construction, nice double cap. A faint hint of spice, cinnamon. I hate to mention it, because you don’t smoke it, but the band on this cigar is art. Well done.

Cinnamon and nutmeg, black pepper, cedar, and burning fruitwood all hit as soon as I have the cigar lit. An absolutely amazing start. It starts to canoe about a quarter inch in, a problem I’ve never experienced in the 4 or 5 of these that I’ve smoked over the few months. Towards the end of the first third, some of the spices are backing off, being replaced by leather and hints of coffee.

The rest of the cigar, all those flavors come in and out. Some sweetness, I attribute to the Cameroon, really started to come in around the halfway point. Toward the end, the baking spice really comes on strong. This is an amazing cigar and one that’s very well priced, especially if you hunt around with BOTL discount codes. I will have a box of these in my humidor as long as they are made.

Nice pick to kick off the COM, thanks @cgraunke for getting this started!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I smoked one of These last night so can't really give a full on review but can give an overall review.
As a whole I thought wood n leather dominated through the whole length of the smoke. The first third had a decent amount of spice n pepper on the retro that toned down a little in the middle. Enough spice for those like me that enjoy the spice but not too much for those who don't like it as well. Every few puffs a hint of some other flavors popped up to keep it really interesting...some chocolate n some butter was what I recognized as well as some others that my unseasoned palate couldn't pinpoint.
Total smoke time was approx 1hr 45 mins (I smoke slow) with no additional re-lights
Burn n draw were razor sharp. This is the 4th one out of the box and all have had great construction.
Box worthy? Oh yeah
Great job by Skip n Mike to produce a great smoke at an affordable price

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk