What's new

RoMa Craft Neanderthal - CoM Jan 2017 (Cigar of the Month)

atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
The stories of the Neanderthal being lethally strong are overblown.

Skip *does not make* cigars that aren't fun to smoke. This cigar is great; if you like it and you like skinnies, get yourself some of the lancero in this blend.
These skinnies are no longer available, how dare you.

Sent from my 2nd Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935V

Rating - 100%
17   0   0

Well I've never really written a review before but I'll share my experience with this stick. I just bought a fiver and smoked this one pretty much ROTT. The construction looked good and had a nice dark wrapper and firm pack. The flat head was a little odd and wasn't my favorite since I'm not really a fan of a punch.

Idon't know if anyone ever chewed Redman. It's been years since I've chewed, but on the cold draw, that's the flavor I was getting. But that was pretty tasty I thought.

On the initial draw, I got a blast of pepper. This continued into the first third. I tried retrohaling and it was harsh as hell. The flavors were very peppery, straight tobacco and a little chocolaty (more like cocoa powder than actual chocolate). The smoke wasn't too harsh though, actually kind of light but still peppery.

As I got into the second third, the smoke became almost oily in my mouth, with a super long finish. The pepper was still there but not as much. The cocoa turned more into dark chocolate and was pretty sweet. I started getting some cream as well and the smoke got creamier. Very enjoyable. I'm really digging this cigar. The strength definitely died down in the second third and the retro brought out more of these great flavors and was much smoother through the nose.

The construction was great and the ash held and only fell off when I tried to take the picture. The last third, however, got quite bitter really quick. I'm assuming if I had let it rest for a while, the bitterness would not be as bad. I didn't smoke too much more after this as it was 20 degrees out and I was freezing.

Over all, I really enjoyed the flavors and I'm looking forward to smoking the others once they've rested for a bit.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0

Well I've never really written a review before but I'll share my experience with this stick. I just bought a fiver and smoked this one pretty much ROTT. The construction looked good and had a nice dark wrapper and firm pack. The flat head was a little odd and wasn't my favorite since I'm not really a fan of a punch.

Idon't know if anyone ever chewed Redman. It's been years since I've chewed, but on the cold draw, that's the flavor I was getting. But that was pretty tasty I thought.

On the initial draw, I got a blast of pepper. This continued into the first third. I tried retrohaling and it was harsh as hell. The flavors were very peppery, straight tobacco and a little chocolaty (more like cocoa powder than actual chocolate). The smoke wasn't too harsh though, actually kind of light but still peppery.

As I got into the second third, the smoke became almost oily in my mouth, with a super long finish. The pepper was still there but not as much. The cocoa turned more into dark chocolate and was pretty sweet. I started getting some cream as well and the smoke got creamier. Very enjoyable. I'm really digging this cigar. The strength definitely died down in the second third and the retro brought out more of these great flavors and was much smoother through the nose.

The construction was great and the ash held and only fell off when I tried to take the picture. The last third, however, got quite bitter really quick. I'm assuming if I had let it rest for a while, the bitterness would not be as bad. I didn't smoke too much more after this as it was 20 degrees out and I was freezing.

Over all, I really enjoyed the flavors and I'm looking forward to smoking the others once they've rested for a bit.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Very nice Jimmy D!

Sent from my 2nd Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935V

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nice reviews! The Neanderthal is on the full-strength side, but I don't find it overwhelming where the pepper covers all of the other flavor notes. Smoking it now, and definitely agree with the reviewers' notes. There is a nice sweetness that balances out some of the strength of the smoke. Draws perfectly and burns with a fairly straight line.
RoMa_Craft_Neanderthal_700.jpg