What's new

Running wino when seasoning drawers?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey guys,

So i'll be getting my drawers soon and will need to season them. Do you guys run the wino when seasoning so the wood gets used to the cooler temps?

Just something I thought of last night. I imagine I should do that as the second I turn on the cooling the RH will drop significantly. Figured it might be best to "train" the wood from the get-go?

Thoughts?

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Leave it off. The cooler the ambient temperature the harder it is to saturate the air with moisture to season the wood with.

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Just make sure you turn it to a 42 degree angle before seasoning.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Glad you mentioned that cuz I was planing on leaving it upright but inserting the shelves while standing in my head. Tipping to 42 deg sounds far easier

In all reality I see no reason for everything not to be stable with in a 24 hour period. Had cigars in my wineador with in a day or two of receiving it and it's been steady ever since.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next month. I'm on the April list!!
I ordered from Forrest. At the time it said 5 weeks on the site. Friday was 5 weeks.

How do you know you are on the April list? All I have received was the order confirmation on the day I ordered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I ordered from Forrest. At the time it said 5 weeks on the site. Friday was 5 weeks.

How do you know you are on the April list? All I have received was the order confirmation on the day I ordered.

I didn't order from Forrest. I ordered from John. There's a big thread on this site about him and his work.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0

This is the exact reason why I got mine from John too. I've heard you get your stuff from Forrest and it's fine, but it's never on time and communication is somewhat lacking.

Rating - 100%
95   0   0