What's new

Running wino when seasoning drawers?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Leave it off. The cooler the ambient temperature the harder it is to saturate the air with moisture to season the wood with.
Thinking about this again because I'm probably a week away from receiving my drawers. If I season with the cooler off, the moment I turn it on I'm going to lose 10% RH....

Any ideas on how to counter act that?

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Thinking about this again because I'm probably a week away from receiving my drawers. If I season with the cooler off, the moment I turn it on I'm going to lose 10% RH....

Any ideas on how to counter act that?
The seasoning process is to saturate the wood. You may want to store your cigars at 65%, but you will season your drawers at a much higher humidity level. For example, I used an 84 boveda and several open trays of dw.
If you are really worried, after they have been seasoned, you can put in your regular humidifcation media, turn on the wino, and let it run empty until you get it dialed in just like you want it. Personally, I just aired mine out a little, and loaded it up.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This is the exact reason why I got mine from John too. I've heard you get your stuff from Forrest and it's fine, but it's never on time and communication is somewhat lacking.
We'll see if they show up this week, but my experience with Forrest has been good communication and on time. He said they'd ship 4/25 (4 weeks lead time as opposed to 4 months...) and emailed me thursday to say he MIGHT get them out Friday (day early) or at the latest Monday (on time). Pretty satisfied with that.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered mine from Forrest Feb 19th and received them Apr 13th. I'm happy with them, but had to return one drawer because it was broken in transit by USPS. He shipped them FedEx originally and I got the email from FedEx saying the label had been printed and that I would get updates as soon as they package started moving. 5 days later and the status had not changed for some reason. I inquired to Forrest and he went and retrieved them and then shipped them USPS. Not sure what happened with FedEx. He sent me a FedEx return label and he got the broken drawer back yesterday. I ordered dividers for each drawer, but they were not included in the shipment. He says he will send those with the replacement drawer. I have not had anymore problems with communications via email in the last month. So by the time I get the return drawer and the missing dividers it will have taken 10-11 weeks for plain drawers. But they are nice plain drawers :)