What's new

Ruth's Chris steak house

CoventryCat86

Banned
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is really nothing more than a fancy Beefsteak Charlie's. It's way overpriced and the food is nothing special. They like to put on a good show to make it look they're some kind of upper scale restaurant but it's a freakin' JOKE. If you've ever been to real restaurants, you'll know what I mean. The quality of their meat is no where near as good as what you can find in real restaurants.

If your company is paying for it fantastic but don't waste YOUR money going there because it's not worth it.

There are way too many good restaurants out there to waste your time and money with Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.:hammersma

Just like cigars, why smoke gas station cigars when there are thousands of better alternatives.

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Ruth Chris (NYC) is somewhere between ok and good. reasonable for the price.

Much better steakhouses in the city (and I inlcude Peter Luger's as the city even though it's in Brooklyn)

But a conversation about steahouses quickly develops the same characteristics as a conversation about politics, sports, or religion.

For the record, I like like Sparks and Keens.

Sean9689

Mr. Papagiorgio
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
$225 a shot for the Louis XIII is stupid...these are found all over the place at sub-$125. I guess Ruth's Chris just doubles the price?

I ate there a few weeks ago in San Diego, CA for the first time. I thought the food was good & drinks were good, but I've had much better steaks at those prices. I'm sure you'll like it, I'd say it's a 8/10 in my book.

CoventryCat86

Banned
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
geoffrie said:
Ruth Chris (NYC) is somewhere between ok and good. reasonable for the price.

Much better steakhouses in the city (and I inlcude Peter Luger's as the city even though it's in Brooklyn)

But a conversation about steahouses quickly develops the same characteristics as a conversation about politics, sports, or religion.

For the record, I like like Sparks and Keens.
geoffrie, you ever been to the Morton's in NY? I heard they're supposed to be fantastic. There's one midtown on 5th ave (near 45th street). There's also one in Great Neck and another in White Plains.

CoventryCat86

Banned
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sean9689 said:
$225 a shot for the Louis XIII is stupid...these are found all over the place at sub-$125. I guess Ruth's Chris just doubles the price?

I ate there a few weeks ago in San Diego, CA for the first time. I thought the food was good & drinks were good, but I've had much better steaks at those prices. I'm sure you'll like it, I'd say it's a 8/10 in my book.
$125.00 is the standard rate. See what I mean about Ruth's Chris? OVERPRICED and not worth it. :lookaroun

JDP

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I've only been there once but it was the best steak I've ever had. The mashed potatoes were great too. When they bring the steak out it's still sizzling hot and sooooooooooo delicious. :drool:

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
The food was quite good. We had open bar and everything was covered by the company, so I could only imagine what the tab turned out to be. They gave us a menu with the company name at the top, and let us choose certain parts, the appetizers and side dishes being family style. I had a lobster bisque which was quite tasty as the soup/salad choice. Main entree I had filet mignon, and the entree came with choice of lobster tail or shrimp so I had the lobster tail. Filet was excellent, lobster tail was kinda rubbery in places. Dessert was a cheese cake which was tasty but didn't blow my mind or anything. One of the appetizers was a seared ahi tuna which was excellent and the beef carpaccio was good (if you arent intimidated by raw meat)

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
CoventryCat86 said:
geoffrie, you ever been to the Morton's in NY? I heard they're supposed to be fantastic. There's one midtown on 5th ave (near 45th street). There's also one in Great Neck and another in White Plains.
I have and it's in the top tier.

I like Keens for a couple of reasons. Around 200 single malts available. Eggs at the bar. And of course their signature Mutton Chops (shhhhh, they're not really mutton but I don't really care). The prime rib is also very good ... and large. Think of the brontosaurus ribs that tips over Fred Flintstones car. Their steaks and sides are also top notch. Nice dining room, too.

Some people love The Palm. For me it's just good. Some folks love The Striphouse. It's good. This is where it gets into religion. Old Homestead has been slipping a bit lately. Kickerbocker has a tremendous t-bone. Smith & Wllenksy is good, but not a fan of the dining room ... too loud. Les Halles is very good, but very loud.

Marcelleria down by me on Gansevroot is very very good.

This could require a separate thread .....

Rating - 90%
11   1   0
It's a fancier version of Morton's steak house! I love ruth's! All the steaks are great. Saute' shrooms are aslo great! Man, i'm drooling thinking about that place!

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I like Ruth Chris a whole lot better than the Palm.... I think the steaks are better.... But there are more than one steakhouse here in Atlanta that are better than Either....