What's new

Sad day in my world

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Good Morning brothers/sisters,

I just thought I'd openly speak about what's going on in my world. The end of April and beginning of May have been very hard on me.

I have been unsure about speaking about it openly and publicly cause I wanted to understand and get a true feeling for the brotherhood here. Now that I believe in and trust you all more now I feel I can open up about this.

Well it all started with my mom coming by my place and sitting me down and telling me that she went to the doctors and some of the worst news she could of gotten. My mom was diagnosed with uterus cancer. When my mom said this to me I felt like my world had just been smashed into pieces. I am a mommas boy 100% and I just had a crushing feeling in my chest. So she has gone in for surgery and they removed a tumor that weighed in at 13lbs. So they hoped everything had been cleared and we were in the clear well she went to the doctors again a couple weeks later and the tumor had begun to reform which is not a good sign as her body continues to produce cancer cells. I just feel rather defeated.

Then everything continues in the same southern direction it had begun in and my cousin was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer. She went in for surgery to remove the tumor on May 6th. When the surgery started they realized that just removing the tumor was not an option so they were forced to remove the entire breast. She has been in the hospital for 2 days now and they still need to perform chemo to slow the spread of the cells.

Neither of them are out of the woods yet and I just feel so helpless I brought this up today cause it is the first day I truly feel beaten down and I can't be the stone everyone has relied on. I just wanted to let everyone know what's going on here.

Thanks for listen everyone.
Sincerely,
Jonathan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
jesus, man, my heart goes out to you and yours! and you CANNOT be the rock for both of them without an outlet for yourself. know we're here for you.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Thanks brother ya today I don't have any energy at all. I'm sitting at work just staring at a screen not really doing anything. I truly appreciate the support it's been just one of those uphill battles that has just been weighin me down.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Cancer sucks... no way around that... I sincerely feel for what you and your family are going through right now..

The best thing you can do is stay strong for you mom.. sometimes the best approach is simply to be there.. people dont need to hear what they can see.. your presence and willingness to listen says everything your mom and cousin need to know about your love for them and how much you care..

If you need to vent.. or just have someone to talk with... there are hundreds of people here that are here for you.. hop in the chat room.. use the PM function, etc... phone numbers are available as well (mine being sent by PM now)..

this will pass.. all things do.. and things will get better... when youre really low.. the only way to go is up..

we're here for you...

prayers sent for you and your family..

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Really sorry to hear all this man, I'll be thinking of you and your family. I know its not easy man and we are here for you, that's a heavy load to bare and no one is cut out to do so, stay strong brother.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Sorry for what you are going through and prayers sent to your loved ones...please DM me when you get a chance. Thanks.

Antonio

Kip

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm sorry to hear that, man. Sometimes there just aren't any "cheerful" things to say - there are some situations in this world that just suck in the worst way, and moments when platitudes are not beneficial. Prayers going out for you and them - for healing, comfort, and peace.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Thanks guys all the positive words and prays actually brought be to tears I can't put into words how much I appreciate everything. Like saying goes when it rains it pours but without rain there are to rainbows.

Thanks so much for all the love I truly mean it.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Damn. That's a lot to be thrown at you at the same time.
Wishing you the best man. We're all here for you.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have no words that could possibly ease this situation. Cancer is a bastard. I lost my Grandmother to Ovarian Cancer so I know that utterly defeated feeling.

I'm just so sorry to hear this has all hit you at once brother. My heart truly goes out to you and your family. The best thing I could say is to just spend as much quality time with them as you possibly can. I regret not spending more time with my Grandmother every day.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Thanks MW,

Ya it has been pretty intense and I haven't really been able to process it cause it's so real. But the thoughts and prayers mean the world to me.

Jonathan

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I have no words that could possibly ease this situation. Cancer is a bastard. I lost my Grandmother to Ovarian Cancer so I know that utterly defeated feeling.

I'm just so sorry to hear this has all hit you at once brother. My heart truly goes out to you and your family. The best thing I could say is to just spend as much quality time with them as you possibly can. I regret not spending more time with my Grandmother every day.
Fox,
Sorry to hear about your loss. Ya cancer is the bastard of bastards it just hurts so bad.

I am spending as much time with them as I can I just talk to them over the phone none stop and when I can get to their place I go running quick and fast.

Thank you for thoughts
Jonathan

The EVP

The Bully
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Geez man, I'm sorry to hear about that. You and your family will be kept in my prayers. I can't possibly imagine what you are going through but right now your mom and cousin need you to be strong for them. All I can say is put it in God's hands and keep faith.

As for the brotherhood here, as someone that was away from the board since August to deal with my own medical problems and recently came back, I can tell you that this place has some of the finest bunch of folks you'll find. I've gotten more well wishes and prayers than a person should be allowed to have. We're here if you need us.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
I will pray for you and your family...Remain as strong as you can for them, Brother. Stay faithful and use BOTL as an outlet anytime. Writing down your feelings is very cathartic.