What's new

Sad day in my world

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Jonathon and Chef,

Just letting you know that I went through Breast cancer with my wife 4 years ago (double mastectomy) and have MUCH empathy for what you are going through. The best advice that I can give is that you should never feel bad or guilty about accepting help in any form, wherever it comes from. Between our friends, the people at our church and the guys in my Bible study group we were well taken care of. We had a constant supply of casseroles (or "hot dish" as we say here in MN), people willing to drive my wife to appointments and others that were these for us to pray or just listen. PLEASE do not be too proud to accept help and comfort when it is offered.

Cancer is a bastard but it can be beat! Much depends on what type it is and how soon they catch it. I will be praying for both of you daily and please do not hesitate to contact me if you need to talk (advice, shoulder, whatever). Just send me a PM and I will get you my cell number. Take care and hang in there brothers......we are all there for you!!!

Rupe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Thank you so much brothers it is so truly appreciated from absolutely everyone. Today has dragged and been pretty rough. It is just a horrible day that I am counting the time till it ends.

I just finally feel it has all caught up with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
That is appreciated. It is tough but I try my best not to show how hard it is on for their sake. I just smile and joke act as if there is nothing wrong keep their spirits up and not let them feel defeated. If there is one cross I will gladly bare is to keep them from feeling sad or down.

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Brother Jon, So sorry to hear of this but I do understand what you are going through. Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. Please let us know if you need anything or just want to talk. Hang in there brother and please keep us informed.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Most definitely MC. After yesterday's rough day I actually feel better today. I don't feel as beaten down and I feel ready to take this on with them. I just want to thank everyone who has sent prayers and best wishes that has definitely been a beacon of light for all of us and I am truly deeply appreciative.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I'm really sorry to hear this brother an if I never hear another person diagnosed with cancer in my life I will die a very happy man. I hope the treatment is successful and she pulls through this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mother.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I hope today is a better day Jonathan. I've had several relatives go through that including my parents and it stinks. Be praying for you and your family.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Thank you brothers. Today is a little better of a day it feels like a weight has been lifted and the support definitely helps out alot.

My cousin said she is feel better today since the surgery which is great to hear. She said the road to recovery is going to be rough and she's glad we all have her back.

My mom is up and down she says she feels it off and on so hopefully post surgery she will be back 110%

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
My dad went through six months of straight up serious chemo a few years back and he's good now.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Ya chemo is rough so that must of been one hell of a rough ride. I know what's coming so I am prepared for those nights of pain and agony but hopefully it will be quick and work as needed.

Web

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Realy sorry to hear all that you and yours are going through. I can somewhat relate having stood by a family member that went through breast cancer. Just wanted to add my .02 and let you know that I am also praying for you and your family and let you know that your "extended" family is here for you anyway that you may need us.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
That is truly appreciated Web the support an prayers everyone has been send truly makes the days feel better and not as rough. It is feeding is all hope and we all believe we will make it through this together and strong.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Thank you it is pretty rough I just don't know really what to do for them. All I can say is I smile all the time laugh and joke none stop to make them feel like nothing is wrong but still very rough and real