Votes: 18 69.2%
  • No

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Lately I have been think more and more about getting Satellite radio. I know I said I would never pay for radio, but I think I might have to. All the channels around here play the same music. Variety seems to be a thing of the past. We have one rock station left and they do a good amount of talking. They are funny, but I want to hear music.

I have an ipod as well, but that only has what I load into it. Some days I just don't want to listen to what I have loaded.

A lot of people I work with have Sirius and say its worth the money. I have been able to listen to it and go through the channel line up. I liked what I heard. So I have been looking at this Model. This way I can listen in the truck and at home.

Does any one have Sirius or XM? How do you like it? Also what is everyone else opinion on it?

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I've had Sirius since Dec. 05 and love it. I hardly if ever listen to regular radio anymore. One suggestion I'd make is to take another look at the Sportster model. I think it's the better choice if you are going to switch between truck and home.

On thing the pictures don't show you is that the Starmate does not have a dedicated dock and you'd be hooking and unhooking the wires from the unit everytime you make the switch. The Starmate has basically a metal clip that holds the unit where the Sportster has a dedicated dock for both the car and home. The Sportster is a little bit bigger but functions better moving between car and home.

I have the Sporster and use it in the car, work and home. Just pop it in and turn it on, no wire connections everytime. My son bought the Starmate and regrets it. Just my humble opinion. Good luck and you'll love the service either way you go.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I'd rather have an Ipod. Although my Mom has XM in her Acura and I do enjoy it when I drive the car.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I don't listen to regular radio all that much so I can't imagine paying for satellite. It still irks me to have to pay a monthly bill to watch TV.

derek

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That is a good point about the starmate. I think I will have to revisit the Sportster before I buyh one

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only reason I really listnen to regular radio is because they have trafic reports on every 15 minutes.

If it wasn't for that, I would gladly pay for sat radio. If my MP3 player with 3,000 songs quits working, there is always NPR.

The music played by my local FM radio stations is just awfull......and even worse, it's repetitive.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I got a XM for for the lil lady for Xmas this year, it is great, and I'm goingto get another one for my car, it is the only way to go it you r in the car alot.......

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I have XM, only listen to local radio on sunday mornings. Local station has acustic sunrise, plays a good mix. Other than that, it is all XM.

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Rank_Tyro said:
The only reason I really listnen to regular radio is because they have trafic reports on every 15 minutes.

If it wasn't for that, I would gladly pay for sat radio. If my MP3 player with 3,000 songs quits working, there is always NPR.

The music played by my local FM radio stations is just awfull......and even worse, it's repetitive.
I get traffic every 4 minutes with Sirius!

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Ditto on traffic report, w/one extra. My GPS shows traffic flow in MPH, w/accidents, construction etc. Kinda nice for getting around the slow downs. XM Traffic worth the extra $4 a month.

Doofus

Spoon!
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
LOVE my XM. I don't listen to FM anymore. I put a lot of miles in and XM has been a godsend, especially in the rural areas I go through. I also like the programming that you just won't find on FM (Comedy, especially.)

Worth every penny.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I rented a Caddy DTS to go to Vegas last week with XM. Listened to comedy all the way out and back. Really enjoyed it. I may have to get this but will probably drive the wife crazy.

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
I have been a very proud owner of XM radio for almost a year now. I can't imagine life without it. My commute to work is about 1.5 hrs and I can't put into words how nice it is to have such a large abundance of commercial free radio at your fingertips. I picked up my XM as result of my CD player breaking down on me and after 1 month of commercial after commercial etc etc I invested in an XM radio system and have no regrets thusfar.

As far as cost are concerned.....PRICELESS!

Just think about sticks you have in your humi that you may NEVER smoke!

MithShrike

Yerba mate for life.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't really care to put anything into my car. It's a piece of shit and knowing my luck my radio would get stolen.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
:hysterica That's the way I am Matt. When my Kenwood cd player broke, I just put the factory player back in so I could be done with it.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
If I had a 1.5 hour commute I would have XM too. 20 minutes ain't that much time.

derek

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I ended up getting Sirius radio about 4 weeks ago. I got the Sportster model with the home kit as well. I love!! There is just not enuff time in the day for me to listen to it. Has a great varity of channel programs, so depending on my mood, depends what I listen too.

At the moment I have it mounted in my center counsil with the factory suction cup mount. Shortly I will order a mount so it comes off on a 45 from my dash board next to my heater controls.

The only time I listen t regular radio now is when I need a traffic report, cause Sirius does not have traffic in my area.