Votes: 18 69.2%
  • No

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters

Kingston

Surly
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I don't have either, but in case anyone else is interested both Sirius and XM offer free 3 day trials that allow you to listen to their channels online.
That's a nice way to help decide between the two.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
derek said:
I ended up getting Sirius radio about 4 weeks ago. I got the Sportster model with the home kit as well. I love!! There is just not enuff time in the day for me to listen to it. Has a great varity of channel programs, so depending on my mood, depends what I listen too.

At the moment I have it mounted in my center counsil with the factory suction cup mount. Shortly I will order a mount so it comes off on a 45 from my dash board next to my heater controls.

The only time I listen t regular radio now is when I need a traffic report, cause Sirius does not have traffic in my area.
I have the new Sportster with thereplay function. Never use it but its got the Tivo option if I need it. As far as mounting the radio go to Circuit City. I think it was $90.00 but included the FM modulator that they also install. Kicks ass the job they did. No wires showing and the FM modulator knocks out any static I was hearing. Like a FM booster for the car. Anyway, it was well worth the $90 IMO for them to make it look wireless and run the antenna to my hatch. I have an SUV and they ran it all the way back under the door jams I guess. I couldn't even tell you what they ran it under honestly, maybe the roof?

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
I had XM in my vehicle for a little over a year and did listen to it whenever I would travel. On my AM / PM commutes I would listen to NPR on local FM station, but XM was awesome when traveling.

But after around a year, it went out on me...display just read "ANTENNAE", so I assumed there was a wiring problem. 1 year warranty from Circuit City, who installed it, was up so I didn't rush to have it repaired. I started to listen to my iPod on the road and found that I really didn't miss the satellite radio that much. After a couple of months of paying without getting it fixed, I just canceled the service (which was somewhat of a pain...think AOL) and strictly go with the iPod now.

Between the two, XM was great with an extensive lineup, but I think that Sirius offered more sports, IIR.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Try driving in West Texas listening to broadcast. The stations are far and few between. That being said, I've been to cheap to get satellite.