What's new

Saturday Special Smoke for Don

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I'm sorry I missed this. My next cigar will be my finest for Don. Rest in peace my brother...
I missed this as well as I was taking care of my sick kid today. I was hoping to get to a cigar tonight, but couldn't. My next smoke will be in solidarity as I pray for Don and all those left in this life who will be missing him. I didn't ever get a chance to interact with him, but he seemed like a great brother from shared sentiment I've read.

2/20 - Smoking a Curivari "El Gran Rey" that was gifted to me by JDog. Figured that it was only fitting to honor one good brother via the gift from another good brother.

Last edited:

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
was not able to rock one out saturday, but in honor of a man who i never met yet expanded so many lives on this board, everything i burn today will be from bombs or gifts from this board. god rest don, god save his survivors, and long live BOTL.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Just saw this thread yesterday...Had a very busy weekend so no time to myself. However today I'll honor Don with my no.1 nc, the Cojonu 03.
RIP brother...You were a good guy and I enjoyed talking with you in chat.

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
While I wasn't lucky enough to converse with OES, I spent a couple hours Saturday smoking my first FFP and perusing some old OES posts from the board. Sad to lose a great brother.

Attachments

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
While I wasn't lucky enough to converse with OES, I spent a couple hours Saturday smoking my first FFP and perusing some old OES posts from the board. Sad to lose a great brother.
Perusing some of Don's old posts is the first thing I did when I heard the news. I ended up staying up much later than I should have but it was well worth it.

mthhurley

BoM December 2011
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
I had the pleasure of sitting with 6 great friends and BOTL's from this forum on Saturday night. We planned our entire day around being back and settled in time for the special smoke. Some of you may have seen our group around the card table if you were in chat, but we opened a very special beer and toasted to Don. There were some very insane sticks smoked around that table right then and throughout the night (I pulled a 2009 Opus Lancero out for Don). A little later, some stories about him were shared that definitely spoke to the kind of guy and BOTL he was.

I could not have thought of a better way to pay tribute to OES and I was honored to be a part of it.

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
I smoked this (Casa Fuente Robo) last night In honor of Don as I got tied up working on Saturday evening.

RIP Don

mthhurley

BoM December 2011
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
I just had a moment where my heart skipped a beat and I had to sit back and take a deep breath.
I was just on FB and my "Recommended friends" list updated off to the side.

don.jpg

I guess I just call this a cyber "Hey there" from our buddy.

openendstraight

Grand Corona
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
Hello there everyone .. this is May again .. Don's wife .. it's so hard to believe it's been nearly a year since Don's passing .. it's still all kind of surreal to me at times .. I got a PM from Eric recently regarding the special lottery and virtual HERF and thought I'd come and check things out on BOTL.

It is just truly so amazing the compassion and heartfelt messages that were posted here on BOTL, the ones to Don during his difficult battle and the ones that were posted after his passing last February. I know that he thoroughly enjoyed his visits here and chats and debates with you all and considered you all brothers!

I just wanted to once again express my thanks for everything and for keeping his memory alive. You are such an unbelievably incredible group of guys!

This is a pic of Don in Costa Rica .. so carefree and happy :) .. love this shot!

xxoo May AckerDon 011.jpg

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
That's the way I understand it Brent.

I've been looking for a reason to light up my casa fuente lance stick. Seems like I've found the perfect opportunity!

-Chrisso