What's new

School Board Shooting

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
That's not cajones, that was flat out stupid. What did she think hitting him with her purse was going to accomplish? She easily could have been responsible for herself or someone else getting shot.

Cajones was the guy in charge putting all the blame on himself and trying to get the gunman to let the others go.
Totally i agree 100 percent. That took some balls on that guys part. I was very impressed by that guys level of calm. As for the lady she was an idiot that didn't nothing but endanger everyone by making that guy even more mad.
well I stand corrected :)

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
the lady with her purse is lucky he didn't turn around and shoot her. Bitch brought a purse to gunfight.

The board member who said he signed the papers is THE MAN. Accepting all responsibility, and asking for the others to be released. Awesome show of heroism.

Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Thank God concealed carry is banned on school property. God forbid a sane, law-abiding citizen be able to defend themselves when somebody snaps and starts shooting at them. No, it's much better that they sit behind a desk and plead for their lives.

Thankfully nobody was hurt besides the gunman. But, this stuff just pisses me the hell off!
Well said.

So many weird things about the whole incident. I'm glad no one was hurt, except the idiot who shot killed himself.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Well said.

So many weird things about the whole incident. I'm glad no one was hurt, except the idiot who shot killed himself.
I am torn on this, because I kind of feel bad for him. I know he pulled the trigger and tried to kill someone, so for that no tears will be shed. However to feel like you are so despondent that this was a "solution" to your troubles is just sad.

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
I am torn on this, because I kind of feel bad for him. I know he pulled the trigger and tried to kill someone, so for that no tears will be shed. However to feel like you are so despondent that this was a "solution" to your troubles is just sad.

right, and what about the poor wife that is now left behind having to deal with this, the pain, the ridicule, the suffering.

Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Not me. Anyone who thinks killing someone else will make their problems go away is an idiot. And anyone who kills themself to solve their problems is a coward. This guy was both.

I would have pissed on his gunshot wounds while he was bleeding if I was one of the guys who he shot at.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Not me. Anyone who thinks killing someone else will make their problems go away is an idiot. And anyone who kills themself to solve their problems is a coward. This guy was both.

I would have pissed on his gunshot wounds while he was bleeding if I was one of the guys who he shot at.
I agree, still a very sad story/comentary on the times we are in.

Chubno

Old Fart
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As a teacher some in public school I can tell you that I live with the pressure of things happeing like this a lot. I praise God that for the majority of times nothing happens. Coming home to a cigar and relaxing is an important part of my day.

FireDoc83

Cigar Assassin
Rating - 98.5%
108   1   0
you hit it right on the head. This guy is just crazy, but you will see more of this type thing as normal citizens get driven over the edge by ineffective govt.
True here... With the poor economy, lack of jobs and the holiday season approaching, people are going to want to draw attention to themselves... We see it on the streets every year. It will just be amplified with the failing economy:cursing:

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I understand the superintendent was brave to do what he did but he was also playing with fire. In an interview with CNN he stated that the guy "didn't have any idea what he was talking about." In my opinion, someone out of touch with reality who has a gun is not a person to goad or egg-on. Again, the man was brave and I commend his attempt at stalling the situation until the police got there. But I also think that the way in which he did it may have ultimately influenced the way that the gunman reacted at the 6:00 mark of the video above.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
my mother said the same.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before he comes into frame you can hear the spray paint can. He did a nice graphic rendition of V for Vendetta on the wall. Some pent up anti gvt. emotions for sure.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
i want to expand more on my comments. I am not making excuses for his actions, but just wanted to give an example of what is going on across the US.

I lived on Long Island my whole life. If you had a chance to talk to the average person on Long island about the subject of schools, school boards, and teachers unions, you would know that that the average person on Long Island hates the school system. Why? because of property taxes. If you own a million dollar house, taxes can be about $20,000 - $25,000. A more typical 500-600 k house can easily be $15,000, and a not quite middle class home of about 400k can be $10,000.

What do we get? We see teachers getting more sickdays, more personal days, and more time off than the taxpayers who are paying thier salaries of $100k +.

We see more high salaried administrators per student than any other area of the country.

We have more districts, which means more highly paid administrators, than any other area of the country.

We have the teachers unions and liberal politicians who pay no attention to the struggles of the public who pay these high taxes.

And why do people blame the schools and teachers? because approx 2/3 of our property tax bill goes toward paying for education.

as more people across the country lose homes and businesses, they are going to blame somebody. That somebody is a Govt, and at a more local level, our schools.