What's new

Schwarzenegger Praises Border Volunteers

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Good stuff. I've been for this for quite some time. And btw, the comments made by Lopez are a crock of sh**. Just as bad as when the race card was played by people screaming about the 5 yr old girl getting handcuffed.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If we get all of the Illegals out, the employers who employed them, will be forced to raise their wages, and hire Americans. What Is not to like about this?

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Good point but...a lot of employers cannot afford to pay the salary that skilled Americans command.

I say let illegal aliens work their asses off all they want, just tax 'em like me and you.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I see. Where I live the immigrants, legal or not, I see work at new home sites. That seems to me like skilled work. There isn't a lot of farm land around me.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
what they need to do is to build a wall, not a fence that can be tunneled under. I've lived in CA my whole life and this will always and continues to be a problem.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
I see. Where I live the immigrants, legal or not, I see work at new home sites. That seems to me like skilled work. There isn't a lot of farm land around me.
Yes, of course that would be skilled. We have a lot of latino roofers and builders here as well. However, when we stamp out the Illegals problem, the employers will afford It. They must afford It, If they want to stay In business. The Illegals work for a pittence. The profit margins the employers are reaping Is astounding.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Seems like most illegals take the jobs most Americans don't want (roofers and other labor-intensive or undesireable jobs).

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
The Prince said:
when we stamp out the Illegals problem, the employers will afford It. They must afford It, If they want to stay In business. The Illegals work for a pittence. The profit margins the employers are reaping Is astounding.
Question is: Can you afford it? Where do you think that extra cost will get passed to?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
sunivy said:
Seems like most illegals take the jobs most Americans don't want (roofers and other labor-intensive or undesireable jobs).

That's the worn-out excuse for letting them In. American's want those Jobs. However, citizens can't get by on $200 per week. Get rid of the people who should not be here, and we force the employers to pay us the wages we earned before the latino's got here.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
sunivy said:
Question is: Can you afford it? Where do you think that extra cost will get passed to?
Of course, some of the extra cost will be passed along to the consumer. As an American, I have no problem paying this extra cost. It has more to do with the moral, and legal responsibilities.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
The Prince said:
That's the worn-out excuse for letting them In. American's want those Jobs. However, citizens can't get by on $200 per week. Get rid of the people who should not be here, and we force the employers to pay us the wages we earned before the latino's got here.
Might want to watch your choice of words. Any person not legally a citizen is an illegal immigrant, even a british citizen for example.

Let's leave race out of this.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My stating a race, and bring race Into the conversation Is two different things. It Is not my fault that this race Is the transgressors. It Is merely a fact. I would have stated the race, Irregardless, of which race It Is. Let us not strangle everyone with the P.C. rope.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
The Prince said:
My stating a race, and bring race Into the conversation Is two different things. It Is not my fault that this race Is the transgressors. It Is merely a fact. I would have stated the race, Irregardless, of which race It Is. Let us not strangle everyone with the P.C. rope.
Agreed....

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
The Prince said:
That's the worn-out excuse for letting them In.
Don't think it's so much an excuse for "letting them in" as it is them wanting to "get in" to make a better life for themselves and their families. I find it hard to justify that as a "moral wrong."

I agree, employers do take advantage of the situation, and it's a problem that needs fixing. And, I'm not saying we should just let them all in. But, at the same time, I don't think the answer is to throw them all out.