What's new

Schwarzenegger Praises Border Volunteers

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
smokem94 said:
Oh Great.....now theres a tax on Big Asses?????? It's bad enough that they tax my cows and horses! :bouncetau
:nodlaugh: OK Todd, who's ass is being taxed?

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
smokem94 said:
Yeh, at least that way they would be helping to support all the freebies the goverment is giving them now!
Thats part of the problem, no taxes but health support.

Another concern is that the country needs to have a single unified language like "English". What really bothers me is when people feel their children don't need to know it, or schools should make special considerations for them.

This is coming from someone who married an immigrant, so i'm not for shutting our borders down, but you come here, learn the language and adapt to the culture. The culture shouldn't have to adapt to you.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Amen Ashy.

I shouldn't have to walk out of a business in the US wondering to myself if I should go learn a foreign language so I can get my point across.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
sunivy said:
Don't think it's so much an excuse for "letting them in" as it is them wanting to "get in" to make a better life for themselves and their families. I find it hard to justify that as a "moral wrong."

I agree, employers do take advantage of the situation, and it's a problem that needs fixing. And, I'm not saying we should just let them all in. But, at the same time, I don't think the answer is to throw them all out.

I agree and applaud anyone and everyone who Is striving to make their families life better. However, do It the legal way. That Is the difference.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I think they should take all the illegals put them back. It's a BS move on politician's part. Because of our open boarders, Latinos are the number 1 minority in the US. They just passed blacks for the top spot and it's all because of an open boarder.

I don't believe in hellinization (mixing of cultures) of the USA. There should be one unified language, which is ENGLISH! It's BS that Americans have to adapt to a different culture just because they invade our soverign soil. Mexico should give us 1-2 barrels of oil for every illegal that comes over. They have one of the largest undeveloped oil field in the Americas and are just sitting on it. Drill that baby and start sending oil our way.

Build a damn Great Wall of America and let them come in the legal way if they want to. Because once they get in illegally, all they have to have is a baby and then their whole family can come in.

Not to mention taking jobs that honest citizens could have.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Funny how I live in Los Angeles and have never had a problem with being understood anywhere I go, shop, etc....And I don't speak a word of descent Spanish.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Yes, I definately believe that the US should have English as it's official language. I'm so damn tired of seeing voter guides, DMV tests, etc. printed in 12 languages. If you can't at least speak and read the language of the country where you are a citizen ... YOU DON'T DESERVE TO DRIVE and YOU SHURE AS HELL DON'T DESERVE TO VOTE.

I can understand people wanting a better life for themselves and their children ... but they need to EARN it just like immigrants have been doing for the past 200+ years.

Bsslack

So-Cal/Riverside
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
OK,

This is always a tenuous and emotional subject. I grew up in West Texas and knew Many folks from many countries. However, the only ones that I ever met that Never went through customs and immigration were Mexican Nationals. No other top 10 country has the level of illegal imigrations that America has, now. Please note that More than Mexican Nationals cross at our Southern boundaries. All Illegal Immigrations should cease and the current, in place, laws enforced. Free Trade Zones and NAFDA have nothing to do with human migration.
Look at the current price paid simply in Healthcare and US government adoption of Illegal Alien Births on US Soil. I feel anyone whom wants to Legally Imigrate to the USA, should have that opportunity. But, to say one country has "A Right to imigrate Illegally" is Wrong! El Presedente De Mexico!

Everyone Else whom wishes to be here legally follows the rules. All Imigrants should, if they cannot or will not be law abiding citizens....Why would We want them Here? From Any Country!

I pay my way, for myself and Mine. I expect the same from Every American.

Am I unreasonable? Is that unfair? Why do I have to pay for someone else who is not a citizen and does not pay taxes?
Please! The old arguments hold no water, You Are a legal and responsible tax paying Citizen or You are not.
If I went to any developed Country and said "Hi, I want to work but not pay taxes and bring my family over and You will pay for health care for them too." How many Countries would let Me....(crickets chirping)

Mexico won't even do That!

If Tomato's or Housing cost Me more, so be it! We could save Billions Every Year!

BILLIONS!!!!

WELL, There's my 2 cent's.

Slack

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The New Colossus

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,

With conquering limbs astride from land to land;

Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand

A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame

Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name

Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand

Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command

The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she

With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
allanf said:
Funny how I live in Los Angeles and have never had a problem with being understood anywhere I go, shop, etc....And I don't speak a word of descent Spanish.
Damn, you're lucky Allan. Just about everywhere I shop here in Northern Virginia I encounter a language barrier.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
allanf said:
..."Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
And make sure you file all the proper paperwork to become a legal citizen.

It isn't rocket science.

There are reasons why people don't become legal, and it's not because America won't let them.

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
My son got thrown out of spanish class in high school. He never did grasp the language, nor did he want to. He was not planing on going to Mexico so he did not feel the need for it.

His teacher who speaks perfect spanish and english kept busting his balls about this matter so he told her.

"since you speak such great spanish AND english, why dont you spend the time and effort teaching the kids english instead of the other way around."

Let them to adapt to our way instead of us having to adapt to thier way.

I dont see Mexico changing any policy for the betterment of Americans moving there.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
It's so bad in my area the other day I told my wife next time we go to a drive thru I'm just going to ask for a bag of whatever they feel like giving me because that's what we get anyway. The managers can't even get someone on the speaker in the drive thru that speaks english.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
It's so bad in my area the other day I told my wife next time we go to a drive thru I'm just going to ask for a bag of whatever they feel like giving me because that's what we get anyway. The managers can't even get someone on the speaker in the drive thru that speaks english.
It's not that bad here, yet. But damn, that Is bad.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Each room has one person that speaks english. I wouldn't be surprised if she starts to pick it up. Since I have moved to this area (DC suburbs) I have remembered a lot of my highschool spanish so I am good to go at fastfood joints. Now, if I could just learn Arabic I could shop at the convenience stores.

BTW, I'm not saying that to insult anyone or propagate any stereotypes, it's the truth in my area.