What's new

Scotch

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I know we have some folks on here who are big Scotch folks. What's everyone like? I picked up a small bottle of Johny Walker Black while at home and REALLY enjoyed it. Nice, mellow, smooth, woody taste.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
I am glad you asked.

I have here before me a bottle of Laphroaig, 55.7%( 111.4 proof ), single Islay malt Scotch whi'ky.

Straight from the wood, cask style.

Yessir.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Oh yeah, also have to say I saw the box for the big bottle of Johny Walker Blue in the locked section of the liquor store.:bigeyes: :bigeyes:

Holy crap! Who would spend that much on liquor????? And for a blended Scotch at that! I mean that thing was something like $1500+ bucks!

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I've had Johnny Walker Green...I really liked it. I had two others before but don't remember the names. I like it with an ice cube or two (yea i know i know)

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I drink a lot of Macallan, Dalwhinnie, Balvenie, Glenfiddich, Laphroaig, and Glenmorangie (I think the Port aged goes especially well with many cigars).

As far as blended stuff goes, I'm partial to Irish Whiskey.

Oh yeah, and neat...always neat.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Cubes are cool......my granny (from Scotland) taught me to mix Scotch with water 1:1. Though I prefer it neat.

It's also good with Perrier or soda.

Also, she taught me,"One is not Scotch, one is Scottish and drinks Scotch."

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
JW Blue is way overpriced. JW Gold is a much better value. For single malts I prefer the Speyside / Highland scotches - Glenlivet, McCallan, Glenmorangie, etc.

But I'd still rather have a White Russian.

JDP

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
For an inexpensive scotch you can't beat Tomatin. I'm a big fan of Highland Park and I had a bottle of 21 yo Auchentoshan that was the best I've ever had.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
JDP said:
For an inexpensive scotch you can't beat Tomatin. I'm a big fan of Highland Park and I had a bottle of 21 yo Auchentoshan that was the best I've ever had.
I'm going to have to check out Tomatin. I'm getting a bar soon, so I want to stock up on some decent stuff.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I am a fan of Mccallen 12... 18 if i am feeling lucky and want to spend a little extra dime

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
This last April my Mom took me to Cali for a wine tour, the last night there we were in LA so we could catch our flight the next morning. My best friend was ready to turn in for the night so I decided to spend my last night in LA at the bar. After going downstairs only to find that the bar in the lobby was closed, I got back in the elevator defeated and ready to give up. As I stepped into the elevator I noticed a ad that simply said "Join us at the top". Upon further inspection there was a bar on the top floor penthouse of the hotel. Thinking there was NO WAY IN HELL they were going to let me in there, but really wanting a drink, I pushed the button for the penthouse. Bang! Off I go! I get to the bar and find that it's actually the ENTIRE top floor! A circular room with floor to ceiling windows overlooking all of Downtown LA. Now for the relevant part, I called my best friend and for our final night of my 21st birthday trip to California we sat in the penthouse of the Downtown LA Raddison sipping Glenlevit (over $10 a glass) in comfy leather chairs, admiring the skyline. So yeah, Glenlevit holds a special place in my heart :smile:

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Now if you added a cigar to that equation you would have had a perfect night Jason. But that ain't gonna happen in LA...

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yeah stupid California! Nah it was great anyway, we smoked cigs on the roof which was kinda cool. He's getting married a week from Sunday so his batchlor party we'll add the cigars and probably a LOT more alcohol!