What's new

Scotch

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ben Nevis 10 year old is nice and Talisker 25 year old. Dalmore Cigar malt goes very well with full flavoured cigars but Tullibardine is a nice smooth single malt that goes easily with a softer smoke.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I actually bought a bottle of Chivas Regal 12 Year and was pleasantly surprised with how smooth it was. Had several glasses on New Year Eve with Jagstownville (my brother) and my cousin as we smoked some nice cigars and played Texas Holdem. :thumbsup:

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Love the Islay's myself; Laphroaig and Lagavulin in particular. Highland Park is my "go to" though, since it is cheaper here than the other two, and a great scotch. For tonight though, I think it will be the Lagavulin. :thumbsup:

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I just went back and forth between JW Black and Laphroaig 10 year. I don't know if it's the 10 year, or just the Islay, but on first blush, I'm not a fan...

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Wasch_24 said:
I like the flavor of Scotch but the alchohol is intolerable for me. :dunno:
Thats why I need ice. I can drink all night long but its too much for me for a sip. I'm a wuss I guess.

I do enjoy the flavors of scotch though and have been drinking more.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For ocasional drinking, I don't mind some blends. My favorite blend is Famous Grouse, it's a blend of Highland Park Single Malt, and Macallan Single Malt. It's not too expensive, so I don't feel any guilt downing some of this with an ice cube on a Non-special occasion.
If I am going to break into the 12 year old (or better) single malt highland scotch whiskeys, I kind of need a special occasion.....................although, sometimes a tuesday is a special occasion. ;)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Damn..........my vices are getting legal and more expensive. :(

For Christ's sake, Wine, Scotch and now Cigars.

All I really wanted was a pair of socks, a shot of bourbon, a beer and a cigarette.

Sheesh. Now look at me..............I'm gonna go broke.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Rank_Tyro said:
For ocasional drinking, I don't mind some blends. My favorite blend is Famous Grouse, it's a blend of Highland Park Single Malt, and Macallan Single Malt. It's not too expensive, so I don't feel any guilt downing some of this with an ice cube on a Non-special occasion.
If I am going to break into the 12 year old (or better) single malt highland scotch whiskeys, I kind of need a special occasion.....................although, sometimes a tuesday is a special occasion. ;)
Tuesday is my favorite special occasion!

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My current favorite...as recently pictured in the freebie thread...is the 15-year-old sherry-finished offering from Aberlour. I'm also fond of various whiskies from Glenmorangie, Balvenie, Macallan, Talisker, Scapa, and of course, the Glenlivet.

No ice for mine, thanks, but I do often add water. The amount depends on the particular whisky it's going into...whatever brings out the flavor the best.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I am going to look for the Chivas 18yr and give that one a try as well. Last time I was at the local shop, they were out of it.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
I never could handle the blends. Just mentally looking at my collection shows Talisker 10, Lagavulin 16 (do they make any other?), Laphroaig 15, Macalan 12, Macallan 18 and a hidden bottle of Macallan 25......

...........what?......

.........no, what?......

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
djs134 said:
. . .snip. . .Lagavulin 16 (do they make any other)
They do not. I have tried a lot of scotches, but the above is my all-time favorite. Pretty expensive here due to high sin taxes, but occasionally available for much lower prices due to traveling relatives. . .:wink:

That Laphroaig 15 is pretty nice as well, but I prefer the raw, wild taste of the 10-year.

Nice collection, dj! :thumbsup:

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Thanks. I have a cousin that got me turned on to Singles when he visited us for my Dad's funeral several years ago. I took an instant liking to the "burnt tire" taste of the Lagavulin! It was all down hill from there. And when my wife presented me with the 25 yr old Mac... well... I knew she was a keeper....