What's new

Searching for ‘creamy’ cigars

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So my brother and I smoked a Don Carlos presidente the other day and it had a slight creaminess to it. We both enjoyed it a lot. The other Don Carlos, including the mans personal reserve, did not have that same creaminess. So that is what I am in search of. To the best of my recollection the creamiest cigar I ever smoked was a natural Padron 1964 piramide with age (not sure how much age) about 2 to 3 years ago. I have not been able to reproduce the result and I have smoked several more 64’s in different sizes, 26’s and family reserves with no luck. I swear I could cut the smoke with a knife and it was delicious. I have had some others over the last 18 years of smoking cigars but I can’t remember specifics. I am looking for suggestions for other cigars that may fit the bill. I also know that your palette detects different flavors depending upon what you ate and drank. Also can anyone tell me what causes this flavor? Is it in the filler or the wrapper or binder? Or specifically a certain type of leaf or leaf + age? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
The last time I wrote notes of cream and butter, I had started a drink of bourbon on ice just before lighting up. I had only sipped that first drink once then lit up the smoke and it was was all notes of butter, cream, and cinamon from then on. The stick was a homeroll of Piloto Cubano Seco, Mata Fina, and Dominican Ligero Bound in Dominican binder and wrapped in Ecuadorian seco. I had another stick of the same the next night and it was good but nowhere near as awesome without the bourbon.
Maybe that's the key?

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
The last time I wrote notes of cream and butter, I had started a drink of bourbon on ice just before lighting up. I had only sipped that first drink once then lit up the smoke and it was was all notes of butter, cream, and cinamon from then on. The stick was a homeroll of Piloto Cubano Seco, Mata Fina, and Dominican Ligero Bound in Dominican binder and wrapped in Ecuadorian seco. I had another stick of the same the next night and it was good but nowhere near as awesome without the bourbon.
Maybe that's the key?
So what your saying is bourbon makes everything better ? I must test this theory at once!

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Choix, HDM, and Monte. Caldwell Eastern Standard. Las Calaveras 2015. Corojo wrappers with five years on them tend to go creamy. Davidoff, Avo.

Also, personally I’ve found that cream soda or root beer will also make just about anything taste creamier.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
As Jim D mentioned sometimes a good bourbon cigar combo really brings out the creaminess in a cigar. I had a Caldwell All Out Kings Smash with Woodford Reserve and I was reminded of the filling in a Bavarian Cream donut. I think any wheated bourbon will give tend to enhance the creaminess of cigars.